Monday, October 12, 2020

Tip#1217: The Recipe For Resilience, Perseverance & Indestructible Optimism, Part 23 – Top 5 Inspiring Thanksgiving Movie Scenes


This is Day 209 of the COVID-19 quarantine/social distancing here in Toronto, Canada. 

It’s Thanksgiving here in Canada and I’ve had a lot of mixed emotions. I wasn't able to be with siblings for our annual family dinner and there were recent re-closures for indoor restaurant dining, movie theatres and more by the province. COVID-19 cases have been increasing in this 2nd wave and it’s looking like the start of a bleak holiday season. 

Thankfully my mental health has been stable and I haven’t had any seasonal depression (SAD) symptoms yet. I am hoping that the past 7 months of my new diet of nutrient dense foods (read more) and extra outdoor walking exercises are the reasons. And for Thanksgiving I am so grateful that my siblings did a physical distanced drop off and pick up of delicious foods we contributed to each other’s holiday dinners. 

Ultimately what got me through the blues of Thanksgiving this year was seeing on YouTube some uplifting movie clip compilations of Thanksgiving scenes in movies I’ve loved. But I was inspired to edit my own video with my top 5 favourite Thanksgiving scenes which included:

• Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
• Jack & Jill (2011)
• The Blind Side (2009)
• Funny People (2009)
• Trains, Planes & Automobiles (1987) 

See my video here: Top 5 Inspiring Thanksgiving Movie Scenes


There are actually many memorable scenes about Thanksgiving in the movies but these are favourites that touched my aching heart as I spent this holiday weekend and dinner alone. At the same time I also felt tremendous gratitude for my creative skills that I utilized to stay resilient and positive. This video was a way to express my sadness and also joy through scenes that mirrored my loneliness and also shining hope for a more optimistic future. 

If you are feeling alone on Thanksgiving remember to watch your favourite holiday films to lift you up. Eat up all the delicious foods you see on screen with your eyes! Let these movies make you laugh or let yourself cry with happy or sad tears. And finally, let their messages feed your resilience and optimism for brighter days to come! 

See my video here: Top 5 Inspiring Thanksgiving Movie Scenes

Related Tips:
Part 1 – COVID-19 – 6 Movie Tips
Part 2 – COVID-19 – The Hundred-Foot Journey

Part 3 – COVID-19 – The Biggest Little Farm

Part 4 – COVID-19 – This Is the End

Part 5 – COVID-19 – Runaway Bride

Part 6 – Splash

Part 7 – Julie & Julia

Part 8 – Paris Can Wait

Part 9 – The Client 

Part 10 – The Old Guard

Part 11 – The Farmer’s Daughter
Part 12 – Amélie

Part 13 – Hail the Conquering Hero – The Lady Eve

Part 14 – Back To School

Part 15 – Project Power – An American Pickle

Part 16 – The Secret: Dare to Dream 

Part 17 – Chadwick Boseman – 42 – Black Panther
Part 18 – Phenomenon
Part 19 – Mulan 2020
Part 20 – Waitress - Labor Day - Michael

Part 21 – Enola Holmes
Part 22 – Kiss the Ground

SEE EMMANUEL's:
• Top Movies as Inspirational Learning Tools: www.Movies for Motivation.com
• Award-winning Illustrations: www.EmmanuelLopez.com
• Social Media Consulting Services: www.SocialMediaWingman.com

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Award-winning Illustrator | Movie Blogger | Speaker | Foodie
Discover Movies As Inspirational Learning Tools!
See website: www.MoviesForMotivation.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2020

No comments: