Sunday, January 13, 2019

Tip#1128: See Life As An Adventure, Part 8 - Roma

My recent annual holiday vacation was another epic adventure that took me to sunny Las Vegas and the eternally serene Santa Barbara! My holiday was full of delicious foods shared among many of my Filipino relatives and friends. It was also the first time I documented the adventure in real time on Instagram. I loved sharing photos I took showing the people I love and new discoveries that helped my mental health.

But with the positives there were also times of chaos, stress and pain. Anyone who visits family for the holidays knows what I’m talking about. For me it’s another opportunity to hone my skill sets in patience, compassion and understanding. No matter how hard I try to keep the adventure pleasant there was always something out of my hands that shook things up! And, of course, I just happened to see a movie that perfectly demonstrated the joys and pains and resilience of family.

Roma (2018)

The semi-autobiographical drama film, Roma, is based on writer, director Alfonso CuarĂ³n's upbringing in Mexico City. It follows the life of a live-in housekeeper, Cleo, to a middle-class family in 1970 and 1971. This magical film features so many beautifully shot moments and powerful performances by its cast that includes Yalitza Aparicio, Marina de Tavira and Nancy Garcia.
See: movie trailer 
Watch now: Amazon Prime


I was immediately immersed into this richly textured Mexican period piece from the very first scene. Each sumptuous, black and white sequence felt like a work of art that could be framed in a gallery! I also got to learn about the Mexican culture, lifestyles and traditions while feeling the happiness and heartaches of Cleo and the family of four children she cares for.

Inspiring Themes:
• Courage
• Passion
• Perseverance
• Resilience
• Indestructible Optimism
• Supportive Relationships
• Family
• Hope
• Love

What moved me the most was the love expressed by not only Cleo towards the kids but of them towards her. The mother also shows great compassion towards Cleo when she faced painful times despite the mother also dealing with her own anguish. At its core, this film is about the healing power of love. It is also about rising above the pain in life and see life as an adventure.

Cinema can be a mirror for our own memories of family growing up and the joys and pain they carry. Movies can also inspire us by their movie heroes and their journey to overcome their challenges with courage, resilience, compassion and demonstrating unconditional love of family. Find an uplifting film today to inspire you to see life as an adventure!

Related Tips:
Tip#883: See Life As An Adventure, Part 7 - The Last Legion 
Tip#1050: See Life as an Epic Adventure, Part 3 – Okja 
Tip#1114: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 10 - Moonstruck - Unleashed 

SEE:
• Top Movie Picks for Inspirational Learning Tools: www.Movies for Motivation.com
• Emmanuel's Award-winning Illustrations: www.EmmanuelLopez.com
• Emmanuel's Social Media Consulting Services: www.SocialMediaWingman.com

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Award-winning Illustrator | Movie Blogger | Speaker | Foodie
Discover Movies As Inspirational Learning Tools!
See website: www.MoviesForMotivation.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2019

No comments: