Grief.com give a powerful lecture on hospice and the dying here in Toronto. Having worked with Elisabeth Kübler Ross and Mother Teresa, Kessler learned that all the dying truly wanted was "tender loving care". He told amazing stories of deathbed visions and also recommended Clint Eastwood's powerful afterlife movie Hereafter (see tip#396) which he consulted on.
See more at: Grief.com
Synchronistically I've recently been contacted in reference to the death of a loved one. Several weeks ago I received a Facebook message from someone I met at a personal development workshop. She told me her father just passed away that morning and asked if I could recommend any healing movies. I was immediately moved to tears. It felt like the universe was reminding me that I could help people on a deeper, personal level with my experiences with films that healed me.
Within minutes I forwarded several blog articles I wrote and highlighted 4 recommended movies: Meet Joe Black, The Family Stone, Field of Dreams, Frequency. She was very grateful. Soon after a friend was also dealing with the death of a loved one so I forwarded the same information to him.
Here are 14 blog articles. If you know someone who is grieving feel free to forward this list:
1. How To Say Goodbye – Meet Joe Black
2. Gifts from Heaven – Field of Dreams - Frequency
3. Gifts from Heaven Part 2 – What Dreams May Come
4. Believe in the Impossible – Ghost
5. Facing The Death of a Loved One – The Incredible Hulk
6. The Circle of Life – 3 Movie Tips
7. How Sorrow Connects – Michael Jackson Memorial – Deep Impact
8. Believe In Magic During The Holidays – The Shiny Dimes – The Family Stone
9. Purge and Reprogram Your Life – TRON: Legacy
10. Praying, Faith & Indestructible Optimism - Unconditional
11. Fill Your Life with Wonder - Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
12. See Life As An Adventure, Part 6 – The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet
13. The Power of Emotional Release, Part 3 - A Monster Calls
14. How To Keep Memories of Loved Ones Alive - Coco
Here are my Top 10 Movies for Grieving:
• A Monster Calls (2016)
• Coco (2017)
• Field of Dreams (1989)
• Frequency (2000)
• Hereafter (2010)
• Deep Impact (1998)
• The Family Stone (2005)
• Meet Joe Black (1998)
• Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium (2007)
• Unconditional (2012)
What Movies Have You Found Healing For Grieving?
Have you found comfort in a movie dealing with the death of a loved one? If so please let me know in the comment section below. Your movie discovery could help uplift others too.
JOIN ME on INSTAGRAM: Click here
JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here
SEE THE MOVIES MOTIVATE LIST A to Z!
Look up your favourite movies and the motivational tips
written for them: Click here
Motivational Superhero at Your Service!
Professional Speaker & Movie Blogger
See website: www.motivatorman.com
© Emmanuel Lopez 2011