Sunday, November 12, 2006

Tip#2: Unleash Your Inner 'Energizer Bunny' - Pay It Forward


There are so many ways to get re-energized. The key is to recognize that energy can come in unexpected forms like paying someone a compliment or even just acknowledging what they've said or done. Energy can also come from people who are radiating a contagious, positive attitude.

When I posted this second blog tip I realized that I had 6 comments sent to me for my first blog entry of the introduction. I felt so excited like a kid getting a gift on Christmas! I was amazed someone took the time to send me their thoughts. More amazing to me was that around the world complete strangers had expressed positive feedback for my new blog tips. I felt such a jolt of energy that it made my day!

I had other energizing experiences at a 3 day conference up at Blue Mountain Resort I spoke at this past week. The conference was for OAYEC, Ontario Association of Youth Employment Centres. I met many new and vibrant people from all over Ontario whom I made great connections with. It made sense since the conference was for people in the business of helping youths.

One person who was an absolute standout was the conference's general manager named Bunny. She was the epitome of her name, brimming with positive energy and always hopping everywhere to make sure everyone was happy. She always had a smile on her face. On top of that she was always the first to dance up a storm at the evening mixers. She was truly the Energizer Bunny! (pun completely intended)

Her energy was infectious and gave everyone a boost of energy wherever she went. It's like the uplifting comments I received for my first blog posting that simply made me feel great and pumped. This reminded me of the movie Pay It Forward.

Pay It Forward (2000)

The drama film, Pay It Forwardstars Kevin Spacey and Haley Joel Osment. It's all about creating a chain reaction of good and making a conscious change all around you. Haley's character is just a young boy and yet he had the vision to initiate a class project to change the world. His idea was about doing a good deed for three people and have them, in turn, pass on good deeds to another three people. In time the positive energy spreads like wildfire beyond the city he lives in. It just takes one person to start making a difference in the world.

So unleash your inner 'Energizer Bunny' today and pass on some positive energy. Do at least one good deed today. Pay someone a compliment. Say thank you when someone holds a door open for you. Smile to everyone you pass by.

Making someone's day will help them feel energized and you'll end up feeling energized as well!

Emmanuel Lopez
www.motivatorman.com
© Emmanuel Lopez 2006

1 comment:

Cat said...

Yeah hurray for Bunny.
'twas good meeting you in between the lively ontarians and foggy mountains :)
keep it up,
cat