Sunday, January 19, 2020

Tip#1179: Feel Good from Nostalgia, Part 2 - Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Every Christmas vacation that I visit my mom’s house in the US is another opportunity to see artworks she and my dad had kept that I’d done during my childhood and my decades long illustration career. I usually get a warm, nostalgic feeling seeing these old artworks whether they are hanging framed on the walls or unearthed from dusty boxes and cabinets!

I also see old photos from my childhood that sometimes releases a flood of memories. Sometimes it leaves me in awe when I realize that several decades had somehow passed by in a blink of an eye. These annual vacations give me the opportunity to reminisce about the past and then plan for the New Year when I return home in Canada.

Caricatures I drew of my mom and dad when I worked as a caricature artist in the first five seasons of Canada's Wonderland while I was still in high school!

A cover illustration I was hired to do for a cook book for the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine.

The important key I've learned is to not get stuck in the past and rather celebrate it, feel good and move forward towards a hopeful future! This is an idea that is beautifully explored on many levels in this new movie I recently saw.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019)

The comedy drama film, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, is about faded television actor Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio), his stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt) and actress Sharon Tate (Margot Robbie) during the final years of Hollywood's Golden Age in 1969 Los Angeles. This richly atmospheric film reimagines some history while delivering so many memorable scenes, historical locations and colourful characters of this Hollywood era.
See: movie trailer 
Watch now: Amazon Prime 

While I was watching I had no idea where this film was headed but eventually realized I’d been deeply immersed into a vivid world of these three main characters. It’s also been said that this movie was a love letter to Hollywood from writer and director Quentin Tarantino and that love permeates every frame! Popular songs from the late 60’s also fill almost every scene adding so much flavour to a time I still remembered as a child.

There were also some unexpected life lessons I resonated with with Dalton and the pain and fears he had about his career and being a washed up actor. He had some emotional moments as well as some powerful scenes finding new life for his self-confidence, self-esteem and self-worth. Meanwhile Booth, his stunt double, also shows how his special skills were useful in unexpected, threatening life situations. Their support and mutual friendship for each other over many years was also inspiring to watch.

Movies can invoke feel good nostalgic memories while, at the same time, can have us reflect on our lives, careers and our own skills and talents. They can inspire us with examples of life-long friendships and examples of resilience when faced with life or career crisis. Find a film today to inspire you to re-energize and move forward with confidence in your own life!

Related Tips:
Tip#356: Feel Good from Nostalgia - Big Trouble In Little China 
Tip#1144: The Uplifting Power of Nostalgia, Part 8 – The Sound of Music – Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

SEE EMMANUEL's:
• Top Movies as Inspirational Learning Tools: www.Movies for Motivation.com
• Award-winning Illustrations: www.EmmanuelLopez.com
• Social Media Consulting Services: www.SocialMediaWingman.com

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Award-winning Illustrator | Movie Blogger | Speaker | Foodie
Discover Movies As Inspirational Learning Tools!
See website: www.MoviesForMotivation.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2020

No comments: