Sunday, December 30, 2018

Tip#1126: Family & Nostalgic Memories, Part 6 - Bumblebee

Happy New Year to all my devoted readers and fans around the world!

I continue to soak up the sunshine’s vitamin D here on my annual Christmas vacation in sunny Las Vegas! I’ve been feeling no seasonal affective disorder (SAD) symptoms! I also continue to see that my mom and dad had kept my artworks especially ones I drew for them as gifts over the years! I found this anniversary card I did displayed on a shelf. Not only was this fun illustration remind me of my artistic talents it also reminded me of the immense love of family I had growing up.

 See more art & illustrations: www.EmmanuelLopez.com

I also got emotional when I watched Matt Damon's opening monologue on Saturday Night Live's Christmas show. He talked about his dad letting him stay up late to watch SNL with him when he was a kid. To my surprise Matt then said his dad passed away a year ago on Dec. 14th and that got my tears going because it's the same day my dad passed away in 2000. Hearing that touched my heart and I just felt happy feelings that my dad’s love and spirit was with me and my mom this Christmas vacation. See: Matt Damon on SNL Christmas Show

My dad also sent me more dimes from heaven that always surprise me when I see them! On Christmas Day I found two shiny dimes while stepping out of a Walgreens store and then, on another day, in Bath and Body Works store. I plan on publishing a book on my photos of these divine discoveries! In the meantime our family Christmas Day movie choice was so synchronistic in it's heartwarming themes of family and dealing with grief.

Bumblebee (2018)

The science fiction action film, Bumblebee is the sixth installment of the live-action Transformers film series where the title character is discovered hiding in 1987 by teenager Charlie Watson (Hailee Steinfeld) who is struggling with the passing of her father. This action packed, heartfelt story also includes exciting special effects and battle scenes starring John Cena and Jorge Lendeborg Jr..
See: movie trailer
Watch now: Amazon Prime

This entertaining movie had a classic family film feeling with a great 80’s soundtrack that triggered happy memories of my own teenage years. And the heartfelt friendship that develops between Charlie and Bumblebee was funny and mesmerizing to watch unfold. For Transformers fans they will get to see how Bumblebee came to Earth and how he became known for transforming into a 1967 Volkswagen Beetle.

Inspiring Themes:
• Courage
• Confidence
• Perseverance
• Resilience
• Indestructible Optimism
• Supportive Relationships
• Family
• Friendship
• Grieving

It was so synchronistic to see this film and witness Charlie deal with her father’s unexpected death at a time when I miss my own dad the most at Christmas and New Years. I loved how Charlie’s mom, brother and step-father did their best to love and support her. In the end the story reminded me how the trauma of losing a family member does heal over time and that the love of family and friendship are key to overcoming these painful times.

Movies can help comfort you by triggering happy, nostalgic feelings of your life growing up. They can remind you that family is so important no matter what challenges they include. Films can also help you see you are not alone when dealing with the loss of a loved one. Cinema can help take you away from your problems and return you feeling happier and even fill you with hope. Find a special film today to be your warm blanket and lift your spirits!

Related Tips:
Tip#436: 12 Healing Movies For Grieving The Loss of a Loved One 
Tip#1125: Family & Nostalgic Memories, Part 5 – Mary Poppins Returns 

See 100's of inspirational movie tips now: Movies for Motivation

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE DEALING WITH
DEPRESSION OR DIFFICULT TIMES?
• READ: Top 10 Inspiring Movies for Managing Depression
• READ: Emmanuel & Depression featured in The Toronto Star
• LISTEN: Emmanuel's CBC Radio Interview on Movie Messages of Hope: The Fresh Air Show
• WATCH: Uplifting Movie Montage produced by Emmanuel Lopez!
• DISCOVER: 8 Creative Tools for Motivation & Depression

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Award-winning Illustrator | Movie Blogger | Speaker | Foodie
Discover Movies As Inspirational Learning Tools!
See website: www.MoviesForMotivation.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2018

No comments: