Sunday, December 23, 2018

Tip#1125: Family & Nostalgic Memories, Part 5 – Mary Poppins Returns

It’s a few days before Christmas and I’m with family on my annual Las Vegas Xmas vacation. I’ve been feeling waves of happy memories as I unearth boxes of my published illustrations my mom and dad collected from my years as an illustrator from the 80’s and 90’s! I had forgotten so many wonderful, fun images I had created when I was a regular illustrator for The Toronto Star, The Globe and Mail and many more newspapers and magazines. Seeing these pictures from the past put a big smile on my face!

These printed samples from my past reminded me of how busy and successful my illustration business was back then. And now I get to enjoy these artworks purely as art while feeling so much joy celebrating my imagination! This re-vitalized my passion for sharing more of these once buried illustrations on my art website so please take a look at my treasure chest of samples! See: www.EmmanuelLopez.com 

 See more illustration samples: www.EmmanuelLopez.com 

Once again I was synchronistically drawn to seeing a new film that captured the joy of my illustration years with its wonderful, vibrant visuals and songs that tickled my spirit and inner child. It was the perfect holiday film to celebrate the imagination and see with my mom and sister at Christmas!

Mary Poppins Returns 2018)

The musical fantasy film, Mary Poppins Returns, is about the iconic, magical nanny of the same name (Emily Blunt) returning decades after her original visit to help Michael Banks’s (Ben Whishaw) children save their home from bankruptcy. This holiday gem is highly entertaining on so many levels with wonderful songs and performances by Blunt, Whishaw, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Emily Mortimer and other surprises! See: movie trailer

I don’t remember the original movie leaving a lasting impression when I saw it as a kid but this new film definitely captured the magical feeling and memories of my childhood. This film absolutely celebrates the pure freedom of childhood imagination. It also had the feeling of an instant Disney classic and was filled with original songs and lyrics that were super catchy! My favourite song was “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” performed in a fantastic sequence that recreates classic Disney animation with live action people.

All the song lyrics were also brimming with life lessons for all ages. They spoke about imagination, finding your way home, loss of a loved one and having indestructible optimism. The film finds an amazing balance of fantasy with the realities of grieving, family sticking together or losing a home due to unexpected hardships. I found this balance amazing and it touched my heart deeply. Highly recommend this movie for the whole family!

Inspiring Themes:
• Imagination
• Passion
• Perseverance
• Resilience
Indestructible Optimism
• Supportive Relationships
• Family
• Friendship
• Hope

There is so much magic in happy childhood memories and even forgotten memories as an adult. They sometimes get lost over the years but movies can help unearth these happy thoughts and the love of family. They can help re-energize your imagination and indestructible optimism and give you hope if you are facing your own unexpected hardships. Find a film today to re-vitalize your inner eternal joy!

Related Tips:
Tip#1107: Family & Nostalgic Memories, Part 4 - National Velvet
Tip#422: Keep Your Playful Imagination Alive – Imagine That

See 100's of inspirational movie tips now: Movies for Motivation

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE DEALING WITH
DEPRESSION OR DIFFICULT TIMES?
• READ: Top 10 Inspiring Movies for Managing Depression
• READ: Emmanuel & Depression featured in The Toronto Star
• LISTEN: Emmanuel's CBC Radio Interview on Movie Messages of Hope: The Fresh Air Show
• WATCH: Uplifting Movie Montage produced by Emmanuel Lopez!
• DISCOVER: 8 Creative Tools for Motivation & Depression

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Award-winning Illustrator | Movie Blogger | Speaker | Foodie
Discover Movies As Inspirational Learning Tools!
See website: www.MoviesForMotivation.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2018

No comments: