Sunday, December 09, 2018

Tip#1124: Identify Your Multiple Talents, Part 2 - Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle

For the past two weeks I’ve been revisiting old promotional sheets of my illustrations I did decades ago. It’s been such a joy looking at images I created that were either just for myself or for my illustration business, Crackers World Communications. Some these illustrations I unearthed were custom laser prints that I signed and had sold to people who wanted to own a piece of my artistic expression. I was surprised these have been in storage for so long collecting dust.

The urge to take inventory of these art and illustrations was definitely the results of the self-love workshop I took two weeks ago (see tip#1123). I feel it allowed me to go inward and see the brightest sides of myself. It also reminded me that my biggest dream was to share countless artworks in storage that people have never seen and would bring them so much joy. This self-discovery process has left me questioning what to do next in my career.

I know I am an artist, illustrator and caricature artist and yet I am also a passionate movie blogger, motivational speaker and photographer for my Instagram page. I am also a songwriter and musician, an author and a social media consultant. Though I’ve loved all these aspects of my career and now question if I’ve actually fragmented myself. Thankfully a movie has magically come along to provide me with some answers and insights!

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle (2018)

The fantasy adventure film, Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle, is based on the stories of Rudyard Kipling about the human child Mowgli (Rohan Chand) raised by a wolf pack in the jungles of India. This grittier version of Disney’s The Jungle Book is filled with lush scenery, exciting action sequences and fantastic voice and motion capture performances from Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Benedict Cumberbatch, Naomie Harris, and director Andy Serkis (played Gollum in The Lord of the Rings trilogy). See: movie trailer

I was amazed at the emotive qualities of the animal characters especially Christian Bale as Bagheera the black panther and Benedict Cumberbatch as Shere Khan the Bengal tiger. Along with the rest of the animals they help Mowgli soul search of where he belongs in this world. They help him see he is not an animal nor is he a regular human. He is more.

Mowgli, through his conflicts, helps him focus on his unique strengths and talents to face his fears and adversities in the amazing, unique ways only he could achieve. And that, to me, inspired me to know I’ll find the answers I seek in moving forward with my life and career. The film also reminded me that I have a loving community of friends, family and work colleagues!

Inspiring Themes:
• Personal Identity
• Talents, Skills & Gifts
• Courage
• Confidence
• Perseverance
• Resilience
• Indestructible Optimism
• Leadership
• Teamwork
• Supportive Relationships
• Family & Community

Movies that magically come our way can be inspirational learning tools to help us look into ourselves and find the brightest parts of our souls. They can help unearth hidden talents, skills and gifts. They can provide cinematic role models young and old to help us through conflicts we face in our lives or careers. Find a film today to mirror your inner strengths, multiple talents and shining potential to move forward with confidence!

Related Tips:
Tip#277: Unearthing Your Passion & Purpose - Get Shorty 
Tip#628: Identify Your Multiple Talents - Magic Mike 
Tip#299: Share Your Hidden Gifts – The Incredibles 

See 100's of inspirational movie tips now: Movies for Motivation

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE DEALING WITH
DEPRESSION OR DIFFICULT TIMES?
• READ: Top 10 Inspiring Movies for Managing Depression
• READ: Emmanuel & Depression featured in The Toronto Star
• LISTEN: Emmanuel's CBC Radio Interview on Movie Messages of Hope: The Fresh Air Show
• WATCH: Uplifting Movie Montage produced by Emmanuel Lopez!
• DISCOVER: 8 Creative Tools for Motivation & Depression

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Award-winning Illustrator | Movie Blogger | Speaker | Foodie
Discover Movies As Inspirational Learning Tools!
See website: www.MoviesForMotivation.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2018

No comments: