Sunday, August 12, 2018

Tip#1106: Top Feel Good Movies, Pt 6 – The Perfect Game

I’ve been so excited about designing new social media graphics to promote my new website MoviesForMotivation.com! It just reminds me that my passion for being creative and expressing my artistic visions always makes me feel good with positive emotional energy!

Each graphic highlights a key motivational theme (e.g. Optimism, Resilience, Perseverance, etc.) with four movies I recommend seeing as inspirational tools. See these on my Instagram and get a sneak preview of the series here: Cool Graphics!

Even when I feel clinical depression symptoms, I just follow my passion (pleasurable activities as it’s known in CBT, cognitive behavioural therapy) and it always cuts through hopeless feelings and immediately halts the ruminating of negative thoughts. And when I’m feeling a little lost I remember how lucky and blessed I am in having many supportive relationships to help me persevere. It’s like I have a special team for playing this game of life!

Watching movies also always clears my mind especially uplifting feel-good stories. And if they are based on true stories there is an added motivational factor that pushes me to accomplish my dreams and goals! Sometimes I discover hidden gems which makes me eager to share with others to experience the same feel good feelings I received! Here’s my latest discovery.

The Perfect Game (2009)

The family drama film, The Perfect Game, is based on the true story of the first Mexican team to win the Little League World Series in 1957. It’s also about a second chance at life for their coach César Faz (Clifton Collins, Jr). This highly entertaining film has so many fun and inspirational moments thanks to the amazing cast of child actors as well as Cheech Marin as Padre Esteban and others. See: movie trailer

This wonderful underdog film captures the mood, sights and sounds of the late 50’s and also the warm Mexican community of Monterrey, Mexico. It shows the passion and perseverance of a group of boys who loved baseball and just wanted to play in a little league. They also showed great courage, resilience and teamwork in facing the racism that awaited them at every game they played in the US.

The film also celebrates supportive relationships and how a passion for baseball can unite communities and ethnic differences. From the young and old you’ll see the kindness of strangers and the healing of family wounds. And through the eyes of these kids you’ll feel their excitement and sense of wonder throughout their journey.

For me, I also resonated with coach César who was initially lost in life after losing his job with the St. Louis Cardinals. He eventually found his place in the world by offering his skills as coach with the help of Padre Esteban. He had found a renewed sense of purpose and found his clan and family.

Inspiring Themes:
• Passion
• Perseverance
• Resilience
• Indestructible Optimism
• Leadership
• Teamwork
• Supportive Relationships
• Sense of Community
• Overcoming Racism

We all go through our ups and downs in life. So it’s important to remember we each have our own personal tools for inspiration and for feeling good again. Maybe you have creative skills you can play with. Maybe you have a support team ready to cheer you up. And always remember there are a treasure chest of uplifting movies you can count on for re-energizing your spirit and drive! Find one today and get ready to feel good fast!



Related Tips:
Tip#828: Motivatorman’s Top 10 Feel Good Movies 
Tip#756: Top Feel-Good Movies, Pt 1 - Fusia Magazine 5th Anniversary Party - Million Dollar Arm 
Tip#806: Top Feel-Good Movies, Pt 2 - St. Vincent  
Tip#807: Top Feel-Good Movies, Pt 3 – The Artist 
Tip#979: Top Feel-Good Movies, Pt 4 - Pelé: Birth of a Legend 
Tip#1021: Top Feel-Good Movies, Pt 5 – Singin’ in the Rain 
Tip#1106: Top Feel Good Movies, Pt 6 – The Perfect Game

See 100's of inspirational movie tips from this blog!

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE DEALING WITH
DEPRESSION OR DIFFICULT TIMES?
• READ: Top 10 Inspiring Movies for Managing Depression
• READ: Emmanuel & Depression featured in The Toronto Star
• LISTEN: Emmanuel's CBC Radio Interview on Movie Messages of Hope: The Fresh Air Show
• WATCH: Uplifting Movie Montage produced by Emmanuel Lopez!
• DISCOVER: 8 Creative Tools for Motivation & Depression

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker
See Movies As Inspirational & Learning Tools!
See website: www.motivatorman.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2018

No comments: