Sunday, July 30, 2017

Tip#1054: Be Open to Unexpected Movies that Entertain, Part 3 - War for the Planet of the Apes - King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

I have been so grateful recently knowing that my physical health has been really good this summer! Last summer I was dealing with sciatica pain, tennis elbow and a fractured molar (See tip#983). And yet what I learned was I just needed to face my fears of the unknown in order to find solutions to feel better.

It took courage to face my fears and apply tools and methods to heal myself (which I share on these blog posts). So today I am highly aware and happy I am free of back pains, my elbows is strong again and I can enjoy chewing and eating! These unexpected physical pains taught me not to focus on the pain but focus on how to improve my health and wellness.

I also had my go-to resources of cinema to inspire me to stay strong when I felt overwhelmed with physical challenges. And some films are ones I didn’t have any initial interest in seeing. I am always surprised afterwards that I remained opened and was highly entertained and inspired.



War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)

The science fiction, drama film, War for the Planet of the Apes, is the finale to the trilogy about Caesar (Andy Serkis) continuing to lead his ape clan in a war with humans. The CGI effects and motion capture are stunning with another great performance from Serkis, as well as, Karin Konoval, Steve Zahn and Terry Notary. Actors playing humans include Woody Harrelson and Amiah Miller. See: movie trailer


Despite loving the first two chapters I wasn’t interested in seeing this film based on the trailers. But I took a chance and was so surprised at how entertaining and emotionally engaging the story and characters were. There was such a strong message of what it is to be human and feel compassion for others. This was ironic as this human lesson was coming from CGI apes! Plus I was a big fan of the original 60’s apes films and this movie has some great nods to them.



King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)

The fantasy, action film, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, is a re-imagining of the legend showing the rise of Arthur (Charlie Hunnam) and learning how to use the magic of the Excalibur sword to defeat his evil uncle King Vortigern. (Jude Law). Packed with rich costumes, stunning special effects, exciting action sequences and a great soundtrack, this is definitely another over-the-top film by director Guy Ritchie. See: movie trailer

If you are interested in seeing the King Arthur story rebooted as a modernized superhero-like film then check this out. Once again the trailers didn’t interest me in seeing this film as well as the negative reviews but was surprised to be highly entertained by the epic re-invention and creative filmmaking by Ritchie. There are amazing montages and some breathtaking moments like when Arthur finally masters the power of Excalibur.


What I found interesting was the life lessons of each of the movie heroes, Caesar and Arthur, needing to find the courage to face inner pains to overcome their adversities. Caesar had to face his dark feelings of hate and revenge while Arthur had to deal with childhood pain in order to be free and triumph in their tasks. These are the type of life lessons I love receiving as they are wonderful bonuses from films I didn’t expect to see in the first place.

Being open to new ideas and hidden solutions can be difficult when you are in physical pain. But if you keep an open mind and activate your indestructible optimism you will actually be releasing your inner courage as well! And if you still find that difficult then start small and go see a film you were initially not interested in. You just might receive an empowering surprise!

Related Tips:
Tip#623: Be Open to Unexpected Movies that Entertain, Part 1 – Django Unchained
Tip#802: Be Open to Unexpected Movies that Entertain, Part 2 – The Judge – Labor Day
Tip#1054: Be Open to Unexpected Movies that Entertain, Part 3 - War for the Planet of the Apes - King Arthur: Legend of the Sword



MOVIES & MENTAL HEALTH INTERVIEW:
Listen to Emmanuel’s interview on the podcast show THIS MOVIE’S ABOUT YOU with Thom Ernst (former host of TVO’s Saturday Night at the Movies) and Louis Marrone. Emmanuel discusses his ideal double bill of GROUNDHOG DAY and PLEASANTVILLE and how they helped him cope with clinical depression. Click here

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE THAT NEEDS CHEERING UP?
SEND THEM THIS: Uplifting Movie Montage produced by Emmanuel Lopez!

LISTEN TO EMMANUEL’S CBC RADIO INTERVIEW on
MOVIE MESSAGES OF HOPE: The Fresh Air Show

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker on Health & Wellness
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience & Indestructible Optimism
See website: www.motivatorman.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2017

No comments: