Sunday, June 12, 2016

Tip#964: Life Changing Choices, Part 2 - Eye in the Sky

Looking back at my life and career I can see some difficult choices and decisions that led to amazing life changing benefits. I remember having to choose whether or not to stay for an additional year at high school even though I was already accepted to OCAD University (known as OCA then). With the help and advice from friends and family I chose to stay and then attended OCAD a year later. That year I was elected Valedictorian in high school and then started my first year at OCAD where I met my first girlfriend. Decades later she remains one of my best friends and has even hired me for speaking engagements!

I also remember the last time I saw my dad. It was pouring rain and I was looking at him through the water drenched windshield of my car about to pull out of the driveway. He had a sad look on his face and something told me to get out and give him one more hug goodbye. I made the decision to stay in the car and several weeks later my dad passed away unexpectedly. Looking back I do my best to honor the choice I made and yet there are days I wished I had given my dad that one last hug.

We make all kinds of choices and decisions every day at our work and in life. Then we get to enjoy or deal with the benefits or consequences that follow. Here is a film that explores the complications and challenges that develop from one important decision being debated.



Eye in the Sky (2015)

The thriller film, Eye in the Sky, is about the decisions, discussions and debates that arise from the use of drone warfare against people using terrorist tactics hidden in Nairobi, Kenya. This riveting story features excellent performances by Helen Mirren as Colonel Katherine Powell, Aaron Paul as USAF pilot Steve Watts and, in one of his final roles, Alan Rickman as Lieutenant General Frank Benson. See: movie trailer


I was on the edge of my seat for the intense drama that unfolded! The heated discussions were as compelling as the live feeds they were watching from drones high in the sky as well as high tech surveillance that looked like a hummingbird and a flying beetle. The decision making process is constantly explored especially when individuals use the term “referring up” when they don't think they have the authority for approvals. The process reveals many ethical, legal and political questions that must be considered and answered.

Inspiring Themes:
• Perseverance
• Resilience
• Strategic Thinking
• Ethical, Legal & Political points-of-view
• Accountability

Some choices can be made with confidence and others may need the aid and advice of other people. And some of these decisions can change the course of your life or career. In the end we all must take responsibility for the decisions and actions we take. I hope today your choices lead to positive outcomes!

Related Tips:
Tip#728: Life Changing Choices, Part 1 – Life of a King 
Tip#964: Life Changing Choices, Part 2 - Eye in the Sky
Tip#946: Trust Your Gut, Part 3 - The Finest Hours




ON SALE NOW:
Top Inspiring Women in the Movies:
15 Films for Leadership at Work & in Life
The latest eBook by Emmanuel Lopez: Click Here

LISTEN TO EMMANUEL’S CBC RADIO INTERVIEW on
MOVIE MESSAGES OF HOPE: Fresh Air Show 14 minutes

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Inspiration & Motivation 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
The Movies-For-Motivation Speaker
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience & Indestructible Optimism
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2016

No comments: