Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Tip#844: Emotional Cinematic Moments, Part 2 – Netflix’s Daredevil

I was recently blown away at how fantastic and unique Netflix’s Daredevil web series was! I’m not a big fan of the comic book character so I originally wanted to watch it to see what Daredevil’s costume looked like. I was unexpectedly drawn into a compelling, visceral drama that was told over 13 one-hour episodes. It felt like the grandest, most realistic superhero movie ever made!

I believe every person has a life story just as grand once you look back introspectively and review the ups and downs. Each person would have many emotional cinematic-like moments they’ll always remember. This month is the 5th year anniversary of my financial collapse and when I lost my home and most of my possessions. It’s amazing to look back now at the pain I endured and overcame. So I am brimming with emotional cinematic-like moments!

So much has happened since then and this blog has been documenting snippets of my long journey and rise back up. This blog has also evolved to start including web series that feel like one big movie like Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt which I featured in Tip#833. So I am continuing this evolution with Netflix’s Daredevil series and the story of a hero's rise above his own pain and challenges.

Daredevil (2015)

The web television series, Daredevil, is about a blind lawyer named Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) who fights crime by night. Centred in Hell’s Kitchen in New York City, Matt’s main adversary is crime lord Wilson Fisk (Vincent D’Onofrio). This highly engaging, gritty series includes excellent characters and performances such as Foggy Nelson (Elden Henson), Karen Page (Deborah Ann Woll), Claire Temple (Rosario Dawson) and Vanessa Marianna (Ayelet Zurer). See: trailer

What surprised me about this series is how grounded it is in its realism so it doesn’t feel like a superhero movie. Much of the stories are focused on the psychology of each character’s personalities, beliefs and behavior. So when the action scenes happen I felt so invested in the moment. For example one scene in the 2nd episode is a 5 minute one-take of one of the greatest fight scenes I’ve ever seen. It was so riveting and beautiful in its choreography that I was practically holding my breath!

I highly recommend not to binge-watch this series as each episode has many thought-provoking moments worth absorbing. The first scene that introduces Fisk is so quietly powerful that it says so much about this sad and violent character. And when I finally saw Daredevil’s costume it was another emotional cinematic moment that was exhilarating! Check out this series and let me know what you thought!

Related Tips:
Tip#842: Emotional Cinematic Moments, Part 1 - Paul Walker - Fast & Furious 7 
Tip#844: Emotional Cinematic Moments, Part 2 – Netflix’s Daredevil 
Tip#847: Emotional Cinematic Moments, Part 3 - The Age of Adaline 
Tip#164: Increase Your Positive Emotional Energy - Kung Fu Panda

NEED A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER ON RESILIENCE?
For your workplace, AGM, Conference or special event...
Contact Motivatorman now! See topics: Click here

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker & Resilience Expert
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience in Your Work & Life!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2015

No comments: