Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tip#534: Passion & Perseverance, Part 1 – 100th Year Anniversary - Titanic

I believe that a movie seen at different times of your life can affect you deeply in very different ways. This is why repeat viewings of a favourite movie can provide you new insights as well as being a source of entertainment or escape. I experience this all the time and one recent moment was from the epic film Titanic.

Today this post falls on April 15th which is the 100th year anniversary of the Titanic's sinking in 1912. And yesterday I felt compelled to see Titanic 3D just released in theatres so it was very synchronistic I share my new insights on one of my favourite movies. It is a film that clearly demonstrates the inspiring power of passion and perseverance.

Titanic (1997)

The epic romantic historical disaster movie Titanic won 11 Academy Awards including best picture. It tells the story of Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Rose (Kate Winslet) coming from different social classes and falling in love aboard the glorious but doomed ship the RMS Titanic.

Along this journey you can feel the incredible passion between Jack and Rose. And you witness how this passion fuels each of them to persevere despite hopeless and catastrophic situations as the Titanic slowly sinks into the icy waters of the Atlantic. On my latest viewing of this film I gained new insights that Jack also had a deep passion for life.

A Passion for Life

Jack enjoyed every second of life and it didn't matter that he was poor or had no solid home. He was happy and grateful for every life experience whether it be selling his drawings for 10 cents on the streets of Paris or dining in first-class wearing a tuxedo aboard the Titanic. It was his passion for life that ultimately empowered and saved Rose to live a long and meaningful life.

Jack's passion and optimistic attitude towards life reflected back to me that I'm now living the same way especially after all recent life challenges I've experienced (see tip#400). Jack's strength was a mirror for me and I felt empowered to keep moving forward full of indestructible optimism!

Find passion in your own life and it will fuel your perseverance in whatever challenges you face. And if you develop a passion for life itself then every single moment will be meaningful, enjoyable and vibrant! Remember to make each day count!

"I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count."
Titanic (1997)

Related Tips:
Tip#534: Passion & Perseverance, Part 1 – 100th Year Anniversary - Titanic 
Tip#543: Passion & Perseverance, Part 2 – The Natural, Director's Cut 
Tip#652: Passion & Perseverance, Part 3 - The Company You Keep 
Tip#691: Passion & Perseverance, Part 4 - Rocky
Tip#731: Passion & Perseverance, Part 5 – The Right Kind of Wrong
Tip#752: Passion & Perseverance, Part 6 - Dolphin Tale
Tip#760: Passion & Perseverance, Part 7 - Today’s Special
Tip#864: Passion & Perseverance, Part 8 - Danny Collins
Tip#885: Passion & Perseverance, Part 9 - Outbreak
Tip#953: Passion & Perseverance, Part 10 - Eddie the Eagle

DID THIS MOVIE TIP HELP YOU IN ANY WAY?
Please let me know in the comment box below...

SEE MY NEW VIDEO!
15 Inspiring Movies for Difficult Times: Click here

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE GOING THROUGH DIFFICULT TIMES?
Send them this list of movies A to Z that will
inspire, empower and motivate them forward!
See: Click here

NEED ONE-ON-ONE CONSULTING ON
HOW TO USE THE POWER OF SOCIAL MEDIA?
Check out my: Social Media Wingman Website

NEED A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER FOR
YOUR ORGANIZATION, EVENT OR CONFERENCE?
Check out my: Motivatorman Speaker Topics Website

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author | Speaker | Movie Blogger
Use The Magic of Movies to Motivate
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2012

No comments: