Sunday, February 16, 2020

Tip#1183: Deal with Unexpected Changes, Pt. 4 - Parasite

This winter has been challenging and yet I've been able to deal with unexpected changes with some creative thinking and perseverance (see previous post). For example, I’ve had insomnia for over two weeks, seasonal depression has been at an all time high and I’ve been dealing with painful impingement in both shoulders since the Christmas holidays. I read that shoulder impingement, in my case, was the result of overuse in using my iPhone, MacBook and iMac computer.

The day after the 92nd Academy Awards I watched a press conference with Jojo Rabbit director and screenplay writer Taika Waititi where he suddenly complained about Apple’s MacBook keyboards causing similar shoulder pains that I was dealing with! It was an amazing synchronistic moment for me and brought me some peace of mind that this shoulder problem is shared by others.

Read more: Taika Waititi slams Apple’s MacBook keyboards after winning first Oscar

Jojo Rabbit didn’t win the Best Picture Award but that honor went to Parasite that also made Oscar history by being the first non-english speaking film to win. This prompted me to finally write about Parasite because when I first saw it I was overwhelmed and had mixed feelings and I didn’t know what to write about. So I will do my best now without any spoilers!

Parasite (2019)

The dark comedy thriller film, Parasite, is about the Kim family (Song Kang-ho, Choi Woo-shik, Jang Hye-jin and Park So-dam) and the Park family (Lee Sun-kyun, Cho Yeo-jeong, Jung Ji-so, Jung Hyeon-jun and Lee Jung-eun). That’s all I’m writing because I highly recommend you see it knowing as little as possible. Part of its brilliance is the unexpected directions the story takes.

Watch now: Amazon Prime 

Like many others, I felt this was a cinematic masterpiece on multiple levels. It speaks about the lifestyles and homes of lower and higher class families and much more. And the standout life lessons for me were the creative and strategic thinking skills of the Kims, the lower class family.

It was entertaining, compelling and hilarious to watch each of the Kims in action. But the moment the consequences unravel is part of the uniqueness of the film and also where I found the surprises progressively disturbing. It’s something I am still figuring out why. In the end I highly recommend you see this film and just go with the flow.

Life is full of unexpected problems, pains and directions it will take us on. And this can be reflected in the films we see where we witness characters using their skills, creative and strategic thinking to get them out of their problems. They can show us what to do and what not to do. The choice is ours in the end. Make it a positive choice today!



Related Tips:
Tip#871: Deal with Unexpected Changes, Pt. 3 - Before We Go

SEE EMMANUEL's:
• Top Movies as Inspirational Learning Tools: www.Movies for Motivation.com
• Award-winning Illustrations: www.EmmanuelLopez.com
• Social Media Consulting Services: www.SocialMediaWingman.com

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Award-winning Illustrator | Movie Blogger | Speaker | Foodie
Discover Movies As Inspirational Learning Tools!
See website: www.MoviesForMotivation.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2020

No comments: