Sunday, April 14, 2019

Tip#1141: Re-Energizing with Animals & The Outdoors - Mia and the White Lion

Something silly happened when I became an adult, I didn’t want to get my feet dirty! I didn’t like to get my feet muddy! But after learning about the healing benefits of earthing/grounding (see tip#1137) I was eager to walk barefoot more and re-ignite the childhood joys of feeling the grass and mud on my feet!

I recently enjoyed feeling the moist grass and mud on my feet when I went to visit my friend Tammy (Tammy the Pet Nanny) who was pet sitting and introduced me to Austen a beautiful Saint Berdoodle (cross between a St. Bernard and a poodle). He was so big that he immediately reminded me of a white bear or a lion! And when we went into their backyard to practice earthing in my bare feet I instantly felt like a kid again! I didn’t care that playing with Austen was getting my feet muddy!

Being with the lovable Austen reminded me of the wonderful, uplifting benefits of pet therapy (see tip#1108). And the Saturday sunshine was warm and shining bright so I could feel myself soaking up the vitamin D energy. And being barefoot and feeling like a kid again was so re-energizing that I felt it was perfect to include in this blog review of one of the best family films I’ve seen in a long time!

Mia and the White Lion (2018)

The family adventure drama film, Mia and the White Lion, is about the three-year story of 11 year old Mia Owen (Daniah De Villiers) growing up with a white lion cub named Charlie after unhappily moving to South Africa from London. This highly entertaining film is a powerful story about the love of family and of animals and also stars Mélanie Laurent, Langley Kirkwood and Ryan Mac Lennan. See: movie trailer
Watch now: Amazon Prime

What intrigued me to see this film was that we get to see the two young actors (Daniah and Ryan) grow older along with Charlie from a cub into an adult lion over a 3 year period. They got to bond and interact with the lion during that time so there are no CGI effects in the movie. Charlie as a cub was absolutely adorable and fascinating to watch in every scene he was in. I also fell in love with the  country lifestyle of this family living in the bright sunshine of South Africa.


There are also many life lessons in this film that include seeing Mia demonstrate courage, confidence, passion, perseverance and indestructible optimism. There is also inspiring examples of love and of helping each other deal with pain within her family that included the mother, father, brother, sister and even their housekeeper. And then there is the powerful message of protecting wild animals like Charlie who grows into a magnificent adult lion.

The film inspired me to continue exploring the healing benefits of being outdoors in nature and feel my bare feet on the ground. It inspired me to remember the re-energizing benefits of being with animals and the unconditional love they can provide. And mostly the movie reminded me to have fun letting my inner playful child out and not be afraid of getting a little dirty!

Movies have the power to help you visualize the beautiful places, people and animals or pets that can re-energize your spirit and health. They can also inspire you to find your own inner strengths like courage, passion, perseverance, resilience and indestructible optimism. And, if you dare, they can help re-ignite your happy inner child to come out and play again!

Related Tips:
Tip#1103: Re-Energize in Nature, Part 3 - Open Range
Tip#1100: Be Inspired by Someone’s Journey, Part 2 - Dances with Wolves

SEE EMMANUEL's:
• Top Movies as Inspirational Learning Tools: www.Movies for Motivation.com
• Award-winning Illustrations: www.EmmanuelLopez.com
• Social Media Consulting Services: www.SocialMediaWingman.com

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Award-winning Illustrator | Movie Blogger | Speaker | Foodie
Discover Movies As Inspirational Learning Tools!
See website: www.MoviesForMotivation.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2019

No comments: