Sunday, February 10, 2019

Tip#1132: Expand Your Mind with Time Travel Movies, Pt 4 – Time Trap – From Time To Time

I recently saw Star Wars: Episode IV, A New Hope, live in concert with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra at the glorious Roy Thomson Hall! It was the first time seeing it on the big screen in decades and I immediately time traveled back to 1977 when I was in my early teens and seeing it for the first time at Fairview Mall movie theatres in the Toronto suburbs. It was a life changing moment seeing that giant Star Destroyer ship fill the screen in the opening scene!

The majestic music of John Williams and the exciting Sci Fi visuals instantly brought me back to exhilarating memories of how this film activated my imagination and my desire to illustrate the epic space battles with pen and paper. And though there aren’t any time travel concepts in Star Wars it made me think of how much I loved time travel stories. It made me think, what if I did travel back to my teens through my thoughts and feelings?

I also love connecting with other time travel fans like writer, producer Garry Murdock who I first met when he worked on the Pre-Shows at Cineplex Entertainment. When we discovered our shared passion for time travel movies we instantly geeked out over our favourite films! Check out his time travel website and blog: The Time Portal

One of the hidden gems I shared with Garry was called Time Trap and I’m finally blogging about it here along with another hidden gem called From Time to Time.

Time Trap (2017)

The science fiction adventure film, Time Trap, is about a group of students looking for their missing professor (Andrew Wilson) and are trapped inside a mysterious cave where time passes differently than on the surface. This highly entertaining movie also stars Cassidy Gifford, Brianne Howey, Reiley McClendon, Olivia Draguicevich and Max Wright.
See: movie trailer
Watch now: Amazon Prime

I’ve seen a lot of time travel films and so I was so surprised at the unexpected concepts this film introduces along its story. The cast was fun and there were moments that actually left me in awe! It’s best you don’t know any more details or watch the trailer. I highly recommend you just watch this! I really hope they make a sequel to this.

From Time to Time (2009)

The fantasy drama film, From Time to Time, takes place during the last days of the Second World War and is about 13-year-old Tolly (Alex Etel) magically transported back in time, appearing as a ghost to his ancestors and helping to solve an age-old mystery. This entertaining story also stars Maggie Smith, Timothy Spall, Carice van Houten, Eliza Bennett, Dominic West and Hugh Bonneville.
See: movie trailer
Watch now: Amazon Prime


I loved how this film immersed me into two different time periods between 1944 and the 19th century where the young hero needed to solve a mystery. And as a ghost story there were a few frightening moments! There are also many inspiring life lesson examples of courage, perseverance, resilience, friendship and indestructible optimism!

Time travel stories can be inspiring for activating the imagination and exploring new ways of solving problems from new perspectives. It’s like the phrase “thinking outside the box” but more like “thinking outside of time”! Find a time travel movie today that helps inspire you to ask “What if?” and look at your problems from a whole new direction!

Related Tips:
Tip#506: Time Travel & Alternate Reality Movies – 4 Hidden Gems 
Tip#590: Expand Your Mind with Time Travel Movies, Pt 1 – The Time Traveler’s Wife 




SEE:
• Top Movie Picks for Inspirational Learning Tools: www.Movies for Motivation.com
• Emmanuel's Award-winning Illustrations: www.EmmanuelLopez.com
• Emmanuel's Social Media Consulting Services: www.SocialMediaWingman.com

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Award-winning Illustrator | Movie Blogger | Speaker | Foodie
Discover Movies As Inspirational Learning Tools!
See website: www.MoviesForMotivation.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2019

No comments: