Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Tip#949: Benefits of Box-Office Bombs, Part 3 – Gods of Egypt

“Is the glass half empty or half full?” is an expression about having a pessimistic (half empty) or optimistic (half full) point of view in a particular situation. I believe having an optimistic mindset can help anyone see hidden benefits in something that initially appears negative.

This is why activating indestructible optimism is a key factor I teach in my motivational presentations for managing difficult times and depression. It can help you recognize the positives in the negatives in front of you. It is also an attitude I highly recommend when seeing movies because even “bad” movies or films with negative reviews can have a silver lining of something meaningful or inspirational for you!

Great Article: Loving Something That Everyone Else Hates: A Handy How-To Guide

Gods of Egypt (2016)

The fantasy action film, Gods of Egypt, is set in an alternate world of ancient Egypt where the mortal hero Bek (Brenton Thwaites) teams up with the god Horus (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) against the god of darkness Set (Gerard Butler) who had stolen Egypt’s throne. With co-stars Élodie Yung, Geoffrey Rush and Courtney Eaton this is a highly entertaining adventure with amazing, creative imagery, lavish sets and costumes. See 2nd trailer that's much better than 1st: movie trailer

This film reminded me of the old stop motion/live action fantasies I loved growing up like Jason and the Argonauts (1963) and The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958). This is one of those films you need to see for yourself despite the harsh reviews. It’s a fun movie that can help you escape and enjoy another world for awhile filled with monsters, heroes, romance and adventure!


I’ll admit the first trailer was a bit baffling to what this movie was about and then scathing reviews and controversies over casting choices made me uninterested in seeing this film. But one thing changed my attitude to “half glass full” optimism when I discovered it was directed by Alex Proyas. He had directed two great movies I enjoyed which were Dark City starring Rufus Sewell and Knowing starring Nicholas Cage.

This change in attitude was similar to my experience with Cameron Crowe’s film Aloha I featured in tip#875. It was a feeling of trust I had with these directors and in the end I really enjoyed their films once I put aside any negative thoughts or preconceptions I had. And being entertained is always my number one factor for a successful film because then I feel good, energized and inspired to get back to work or whatever challenges I need to deal with in life!

So are you a glass half empty or half full kind of person? Do you let negative comments about movies sway your opinion or do you take leadership in your life and experience them for yourself? Activate your indestructible optimism today and you’ll see amazing, hidden positives in any challenge that comes your way!

Related Tips:
Tip#664: Benefits of Box Office Bombs, Part 1 – After Earth 
Tip#875: Benefits of Box-Office Bombs, Part 2 - Aloha  
Tip#949: Benefits of Box-Office Bombs, Part 3 – Gods of Egypt 
Tip#975: Benefits of Box-Office Bombs, Part 4 – Independence Day Resurgence



ON SALE NOW:
Top Inspiring Women in the Movies:
15 Films for Leadership at Work & in Life
The latest eBook by Emmanuel Lopez: Click Here

LISTEN TO EMMANUEL’S CBC RADIO INTERVIEW on
MOVIE MESSAGES OF HOPE: Fresh Air Show 14 minutes

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Inspiration & Motivation 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker & Movie Blogger
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience & Indestructible Optimism
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2016

No comments: