Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tip#600: Everything is Connected, Part 2 - Past Lives - Cloud Atlas

Today is Halloween Day and 2 days after Hurricane Sandy hit New York state and then caused a power outage for over 35,000 homes here in Toronto. I am one of those homes and am writing this at a friend's house I am sleeping at. As far as I know I may not have power for another 2 days. What a way to celebrate my 600th blog tip! At the same time my heart goes out to every single person who has been affected by the hurricane.

When disasters strike close to home I always feel blessed for the good friends I can count on when I need help. I actually believe I've known my closest friends from a previous life and have playfully imagined the kinds of relationships we had like being siblings, mother, father, husband, wife, etc. To us it often explained why we felt instantly close or can easily deal with each other's quirks and foibles. Yesterday I went to see Cloud Atlas for a 2nd time with 2 friends I believe we had past lives together.

Cloud Atlas (2012)

The science fiction drama Cloud Atlas explores how characters in 6 different stories and time periods are interconnected through the decisions and actions they take when faced with a challenge. The film has been referred to as a form of "quantum narrative". The stories feature the same actor playing up to 6 different characters, some in another gender and/or race. For example Halle Berry plays a white Jewish woman in 1936 and then a male, Chinese doctor in the 22nd century.


For me it was a much richer experience seeing the movie again because I recognized even more of the cast playing other roles in each story like the surprising Hugh Grant. Plus I identified more of how many amazing details of each story related to each other as they intercut throughout the film. In fact I could almost feel my brain being rewired to understand a non-linear narrative! Reincarnation is alluded to and it may get you thinking about some of the close relationships in your life and how you may have known each other in a past life.

As I write this 600th blog post on the cusp of a milestone birthday I feel so happy and grateful for movies like Cloud Atlas. It embodied so much of why I have a passion for films. It took me away to another world and filled me with so much energy. It had exciting visuals in the 2 Sci Fi stories and many spiritual concepts I believe in. It had movie heroes that persevered in difficult times and loving relationships that helped each other. I saw myself in these heroes and I saw my friends and family in the people that supported them.

Before challenges or disasters enter your life, make sure you've surrounded yourself with good friends and family. They will be your strength when the lights go off. And if you feel you've known certain people in a past life perhaps it's because it is real. Whether or not there is any proof in your feeling, just embrace that possibility because it will mean you share a love that transcends all of time!

READ PART 1:
Tip#578: Everything is Connected - Manny the Movie Guy - Cloud Atlas

GET YOUR FREE EBOOK NOW:
"15 MOVIES: EXCERPTS FROM THE UPCOMING BOOK, PASSION & PERSEVERANCE"
Scroll to bottom of this link: www.motivatorman.com

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author | Speaker | Movie Blogger
Personal & Professional Development for Movie Lovers
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2012

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the 600th post! I can't wait to see this movie. It is sychronistic that it has come into my life now. I just finished a past life regression workshop where I met people from my current life in at least 2 other lives that I have visited.

Thank you for sharing your insites with us!

Lynda

Emmanuel Lopez - Motivatorman said...

Many thanks Lynda! This movie will really move you especially since you did a past life workshop. Now you are prepped to see Cloud Atlas and go on a powerful experience!

Emmanuel
Motivatorman

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Emmanuel - You are helping so many through what you do! You 'walk your talk' and show us how to do the same. I am fortunate to call you my Friend. In Joy your day

Robin N

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Emmanuel.the number of people you reached and helped around the world through your blog is countless.

A.L.