Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Tip#386: See Yourself from Different Perspectives – G20 Toronto Pt.11 – Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

It's one thing to be videotaping a major event like I did while being boxed-in (kettled) by G20 riot police in Toronto. It's a whole other level of reality when someone else videotapes YOU videotaping!

That's what I discovered when Rodney Halko posted a fantastic time coded video of footage he found of the G20 Queen and Spadina event online. He split the screen into 4 sections and synchronized different perspectives to a time code at the top of the screen. In one section you will see my footage I had posted (see my video) and then in another frame you'll see me shooting that scene.

See Rodney Halko's video:
a) To see an example go to this link: see video
b) Fast forward to time code at top of screen: 06:11:55
c) Upper left is my footage and lower left you will see me move across the screen

At first it was surreal to see myself from a different perspective and yet it was fascinating and riveting to see me part of the action. People have asked me if I regret being caught in this situation and I truly believe I was meant to be there to document this event. And thanks to Rodney, he has created an historical document so others who were not there can experience the Queen and Spadina event from multiple angles.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 2004

In the movie Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) and Hermione (Emma Watson) get a chance to time travel back to save some lives. In doing so they see themselves from a whole new perspective as they witness events that just occurred earlier.

They discover that certain unexplained situations, like being hit by stones earlier, were actually thrown by their future selves. That action and others they discover were their future selves helping their past selves. This is what I love about time travel movies, they allow you to see the characters witness themselves from different perspectives and make changes that affect their lives for the better.

Whenever you feel stuck in your life or career remember the benefits of stepping outside of your situation. You have the ability to make positive changes if you stop and see your problems from a different perspective. Just like video cameras that can record multiple angles of an event, a new vantage point can reveal the solutions you've been looking for.

Read my G20 Toronto Experience:
Part 1: Click here
Part 2: Click here
Part 3: Click here
Part 4: Click here
Part 5: Click here
Part 6: Click here
Part 7: Click here
Part 8: Click here
Part 9: Click here
Part 10: Click here
Part 11: Click here
Part 12: Click here

HELLO! I'M SEEKING NEWSPAPERS & MAGAZINES AROUND THE WORLD
TO WRITE EMPOWERING ARTICLES ON MOVIES THAT MOTIVATE!
If you have any contacts or recommendations please let me know!
See online article samples: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero at Your Service!
Motivational Speaker & Social Media Consultant
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fascinating document. I'm sorry you had to go through that Emmanuel.

M.T.