Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tip#403: Give Something A Second Chance - Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

There are the few occasions that first impressions are not so good. That's why being open minded, and perhaps forgiving, can allow you to experience surprising benefits and gifts that were waiting to be discovered.

One example started upon hearing harsh reviews of the movie Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. So I kept an open mind, as I always do, and gave the movie a chance. I found it very entertaining and filled with many motivational and insightful moments. And yet, to my surprise, the ending threw me off because the scenes during the end credits didn't seem to fit the movie. The bright colours and tones seemed like it was from another film.

A week later my gut told me to give it a second chance and saw the film a second time. I was surprised to discover that there were actually scenes that prepared the viewer for the end scenes. In the background during two walking scenes in parks were the clues that connect to the end scenes. (Note: I am purposefully keeping vague in case you haven’t seen this movie yet)

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps 2010

The movie Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps is a sequel to the 1987 film Wall Street with its villain Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas). It follows his life after an 8 year prison sentence and his estranged daughter Winnie (Carey Mulligan) and proposed son-in-law Jake Moore (Shia LaBeouf).

The movie has many themes about transformation. There are analogies of the financial bubble bursting in 2008 and of Gekko opening his eyes to the value of family and time versus money. It's a story about making comebacks after life pushes you down to the ground. This film also has empowering messages about our environment and making positive decisions right now to benefit future generations.

Be Open

There are people that may challenge the value I see in this movie. Even I recognize flaws in the film. I'm just glad I gave it a second chance. I discovered that the motivational messages were so energizing for me that it outweighed any of the negatives. Perhaps it will for you too.

Be open to give something a second chance. Be open to people and first-time experiences that left a negative impression. That person might have had a bad day when you first met or maybe you were not in the right frame of mind to see a certain type of movie. Remember that second chances could lead you to discover something extraordinary, enriching and empowering!

SEE NEW MOVIES MOTIVATE LIST A to Z!
Look up your favourite movies: Click here

READ GLOBE & MAIL ARTICLE
Featuring my experience with G20 Queen Spadina: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero at Your Service!
Professional Speaker & Movie Blogger
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2010

No comments: