Sunday, October 13, 2019

Tip#1165: Do You Know Who You Are? Part 2 - The Saint 1997

I sometimes feel I have an identity crisis because I’ve developed so many creative talents and professions such as illustration, songwriting and motivational speaking. At networking events or even meeting strangers on the street they’d call me Motivatorman instead of Emmanuel because they follow me on social media. And then, depending on the event, I would introduce myself as Social Media Wingman. That’s why I always bring business cards for both Motivatorman services and Social Media Wingman services and don’t mention I also had a highly successful illustration business called Crackers World Communications to not confuse people. But online I’ve begun to embrace my real name and started to promote www.EmmanuelLopez.com as my primary website.

I recently attended an event all about taking care of your health in the winter, hosted by the Founder of Nutrition Balance held at The Village Health Clinic. There was an abundance of health and wellness information shared as well as delicious, healthy foods (all original Nutrition Balance recipes)! There was also a mirrored wall I called The Empowerment Wall with themes like “The Most Fabulous Thing About Me Is…”. I took a photo of it and didn’t even realize I was being reflected in the photo.

 I’m with Ilona Gorelik, Nutritionist & CEO of Nutrition Balance 
at her informative and delicious Nutrition Balance Community Event

Seeing myself in the reflection triggered something inside me and over the next few days found YouTube videos on mirror work as an empowerment tool by Eyvette Risher of My World of Metaphysics. And then I read an interview with Thought Leader, Mario Forleo in Success Magazine about her book, ”Everything is Figureoutable”. They both resonated deeply with me and I was inspired to look into my eyes in a mirror and take time to say some loving words and embrace my multi-talented and multifaceted self.

And, of course, all this connected with a favourite film from the late 90’s I recently watched that mirrored my current questions of who I really am!

The Saint (1997)

The action thriller and romance film, The Saint, is based on the popular spy series about international, high tech thief Simon Templar (Val Kilmer), who is contracted by Russian oil magnate Ivan Tretiak (Rade Serbedzija) to steal a cold fusion formula from scientist Dr. Emma Russell (Elisabeth Shue). This highly entertaining movie features many quirky and hilarious disguises by Templar thanks to a great performance by Kilmer. Other engaging performances by Shue and Šerbedžija as well. The film also features a great score and soundtrack of trip-hop and synth-pop songs.
See: movie trailer
Watch now: Amazon Prime


I always loved the many disguises Simon uses in this film and wished this had a sequel and film series! I also loved the romantic chemistry between him and Emma. And though I have seen this film many times since the late 90’s I currently resonated with Simon’s conflicted feelings about his true identity. He always used the names of Catholic saints as aliases and I saw this as his way of protecting himself from a childhood trauma he had experienced.

But meeting Emma, who intuitively saw into Simon’s heart and pain, helps him re-evaluate his values and priorities. Simon is visibly shaken, in one of my favourite scenes in a restaurant, when Emma puts a metaphorical mirror up in front of him to see his true self. That was the moment he begins his transformation into rescuing himself. Highly recommend seeing this film for these life lessons!

Sometimes it takes years to figure out who we truly are. And sometimes it just takes courage to look into a mirror, gaze into our eyes and say some loving words to the person looking back at us. Find some inspirational tools to help you find that courage and make peace with that person in the mirror. One of those tools could be an inspiring film that you’ve always loved that already mirrors your inner strengths so watch that one today!

Related Tips:
Tip#476: Do You Know Who You Are? - Captain America: The First Avenger - 5 Movie Tips
Tip#351: Who Is The Superhero Within You? – Kick-Ass


SEE EMMANUEL's:
• Top Movies as Inspirational Learning Tools: www.Movies for Motivation.com
• Award-winning Illustrations: www.EmmanuelLopez.com
• Social Media Consulting Services: www.SocialMediaWingman.com

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Award-winning Illustrator | Movie Blogger | Speaker | Foodie
Discover Movies As Inspirational Learning Tools!
See website: www.MoviesForMotivation.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2019

No comments: