Sunday, October 07, 2018

Tip#1115: The Uplifting Power of Cinema, Part 7 - A Simple Favor

It’s Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and I have a lot to be thankful for. I am grateful for the sunny days that always re-energize me on my daily walks. I am grateful for the awesome thrift store jacket I found that makes me feel like a million bucks. I am grateful for fantastic dental services that are helping me smile more. And I am grateful for all my friends, relatives, social media contacts that continue to be so encouraging and supportive of my movie blog and journey overcoming seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and depression.

I am also so thankful to the divine forces in my life like God and my Dad’s spirit who continues to show up in the form of shiny dimes that I find. And how can I forget all the amazing movies that always show up like pure magic to lift me up during dark times or inspire me with answers to problems I face.

There are comedies I’ve discovered that help me with the healing power of laughter. And there are mystery thrillers that help get my blood pumping, engage my brain and keep me riveted to the screen. There are also films that inspire me with the use of social media to express one’s passion and reach a global audience. And then there are rare movies that combine all of the above in one amazing cinematic experience!

A Simple Favor (2018)

The mystery thriller comedy film, A Simple Favor, follows a vlogger of crafts and recipes, Stephanie Smothers, (Anna Kendrick) unraveling the disappearance of her mysterious and rich best friend Emily Nelson (Blake Lively). This highly entertaining movie features engaging performances by the cast, an amazing European soundtrack and a stylish noir atmosphere with some hilarious moments. See: movie trailer
Watch now: Amazon Prime

I must say I was enthralled by Lively’s enigmatic performance as well as Kendrick’s resilient performance. They both demonstrated strong-willed, perseverant characters but with very different personalities. I was also surprised at how funny the film was though the director Paul Feig is already well known for the humor of the movie Bridesmaids and The Office TV series.

Stephanie’s vlogging was also inspiring as she demonstrated why YouTube has helped introduce a generation of individuals with video shows doing what they love, being themselves on camera, having huge global audiences and making good money. It got me thinking about how to further use social media to reach even more people seeking my creative coping solutions, like movies, to deal with SAD and depression.

The power of cinema can be so uplifting and it can also be an amazing educational tool. Be inspired today to experience films in ways you never thought of before to benefit your health, life or career. There are a massive number of movies waiting for you to discover. Find one today with the intention of feeling great afterwards. You’ll be so thankful you did!

Related Tips:
Tip#1000: The Uplifting Power of Cinema – Celebrating 1,000 Movie Tips & In the Film song 
Tip#1038: The Uplifting Power of Cinema, Part 2 - The Zookeeper’s Wife 
Tip#1040: The Uplifting Power of Cinema, Part 3 - Their Finest 
Tip#1044: The Uplifting Power of Cinema, Part 4 – Galaxy Quest 
Tip#1080: The Uplifting Power of Cinema, Part 5 - Phantom Thread 
Tip#1113: The Uplifting Power of Cinema, Part 6 – 4 Movies from the 90’s
Tip#1115: The Uplifting Power of Cinema, Part 7 – A Simple Favor 



See 100's of inspirational movie tips now: Movies for Motivation

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE DEALING WITH
DEPRESSION OR DIFFICULT TIMES?
• READ: Top 10 Inspiring Movies for Managing Depression
• READ: Emmanuel & Depression featured in The Toronto Star
• LISTEN: Emmanuel's CBC Radio Interview on Movie Messages of Hope: The Fresh Air Show
• WATCH: Uplifting Movie Montage produced by Emmanuel Lopez!
• DISCOVER: 8 Creative Tools for Motivation & Depression

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker
Discover Movies As Inspirational & Learning Tools!
See website: www.motivatorman.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2018

No comments: