Sunday, October 08, 2017

Tip#1062: Movie Message About Purpose, Part 3 – Blade Runner 2049

Immediately after I posted last week’s Tip#1061: Be of Service to Others, I received many comments of support and appreciation on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. Sharing my personal struggles and creative solutions once again was being validated that I am living my purpose in life helping others with my stories. And my purpose is evolving.

As I wrote in the previous blog post I felt passionately driven to dig further into my illustration archives and continued building my new website currently titled THE ART OF EMMANUEL LOPEZ. I am so excited because I am finally assembling a retrospective of how my art and illustrations evolved over many decades both personally and commercially. Evolution was a powerful theme running through my head as I sifted through old backup CDs and DVDs of my scanned artworks.

 My series of self-portraits from an exhibition at the Ontario College of Art & Design, 1985

It filled me with joy seeing these old illustrations that were still as colourful and vibrant as the day I created them decades ago. I could feel in my soul that there was still a higher purpose on how my art could be of service to others and trust the answers will unfold naturally. Right now I am having so much fun choosing and organizing the art images for the world to see on the new website!

Once again, and synchronistically, I was compelled to see the opening day screening of Blade Runner 2049 that brought back memories of the beginnings of my artistic career when the first Blade Runner movie was released in 1982. There were many mirrors for my life in the new film especially its themes of evolution and where the purpose of a person comes from.



Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

The science fiction film, Blade Runner 2049, is about Officer K (Ryan Gosling) who begins to question his purpose after discovering a long-buried secret that could plunge his society in 2049 into chaos. This moody, atmospheric sequel to 1982’s Blade Runner features returning character Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford) and new fascinating characters played by Ana de Armas, Sylvia Hoeks, Jared Leto, Carla Juri, Robin Wright and Mackenzie Davis. See: movie trailer

At almost three hours this film really immersed me into its futuristic world and yet I felt pros and cons about this film. Visually it had a distinctive look and yet didn’t have the same rich textures and details of the first film. But about a day after, I began to absorb the many concepts this new film offered. As in the first film, there are different forms of life such as bioengineered “replicants” and now there are virtual companions that are very lifelike and surprisingly sentient. For me, this was a very thought-provoking movie about one’s purpose and how much of it is our choosing and how much of it is planned e.g. care givers or something beyond or divine.

I know I need to see this film again because it definitely has movie messages and life lessons that could help guide me further on my evolving purpose. And perhaps if you are currently questioning your purpose in life this might be the movie prescription you need to feel more energized and confident with the path you are on.

If you feel stuck about your purpose in your life or career remember that movies can be brimming with thought-provoking messages to help you move forward. Ideal films can also arrive synchronistically to take you to another world for a few hours and return you feeling inspired, motivated and empowered! Be open to the next magical, movie messages that come your way!

Related Tips:
Tip#476: Do You Know Who You Are? - Captain America: The First Avenger - 5 Movie Tips
Tip#363: Discover Your Life Purpose - Accepted
Tip#1009: Discover Your Life Purpose, Part 2 - Moana
Tip#529: Be Open to Evolving – Johnny Depp – 21 Jump Street
Tip#607: Movie Message about Purpose - Rise of the Guardians
Tip#1026: Movie Message About Purpose, Part 2 - A Dog’s Purpose
Tip#1062: Movie Message About Purpose, Part 3 – Blade Runner 2049



MOVIES & MENTAL HEALTH INTERVIEW:
Listen to Emmanuel’s interview on the podcast show THIS MOVIE’S ABOUT YOU with Thom Ernst (former host of TVO’s Saturday Night at the Movies) and Louis Marrone. Emmanuel discusses his ideal double bill of GROUNDHOG DAY and PLEASANTVILLE and how they helped him cope with clinical depression. Click here

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE THAT NEEDS CHEERING UP?
SEND THEM THIS: Uplifting Movie Montage produced by Emmanuel Lopez!

LISTEN TO EMMANUEL’S CBC RADIO INTERVIEW on
MOVIE MESSAGES OF HOPE: The Fresh Air Show

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker on Health & Wellness
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience & Indestructible Optimism
See website: www.motivatorman.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2017

No comments: