Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Tip#752: Passion & Perseverance, Part 6 - Dolphin Tale

“Just because you’re hurt doesn’t mean you’re broken.” 
Dolphin Tale (2011)

Several months ago I experienced excruciating pain in my right elbow that was diagnosed as tennis elbow. I called it "computer elbow" because the pain was the result of decades worth of repetitive actions using a keyboard and mouse. I went to a physiotherapist for first time in my life and after 12 sessions and training myself to use my left hand with a mouse I am so grateful for having my arm back to normal.

Before I knew I had tennis elbow I was a little scared that the pain was part of getting old. I would open a jar or shake someone’s hand and it hurt like hell! The experience really helped me appreciate my healthy body more and also to recognize the consequences of working too much on the computer. Mostly I am thankful for the help I received to help me persevere back to my strong self!

Dolphin Tale (2011)

The family drama film, Dolphin Tale, is inspired by the true story of Winter, a dolphin rescued off the Florida coast. Sawyer Nelson (Nathan Gamble) feels isolated from his family when he rescues a beached dolphin that eventually loses its tail. He becomes passionate about helping Winter and asks a prosthetics expert, Dr. Cameron McCarthy (Morgan Freeman) to create a unique solution. See: movie trailer

This film is excellent in demonstrating how finding a passion can transform a person’s attitude from sad and withdrawn to visibly excited, enthusiastic and driven. The young movie hero also shows how perseverance in helping others solve a problem can attract the passion of the community and the media who want to help as well.

Inspiring Themes in the Film:
• Passion
• Perseverance
• People, Community, Team Spirit
• Creative Thinking/Promotion 
• Optimism
• Vision
• Resilience

In the film they feature a webcam where you can see the real Winter (click here). There is also a sequel coming out soon featuring another rescued dolphin named Hope. See: movie trailer

Let this movie and true story inspire your own passion and perseverance in the challenges you face today!

Related Tips:
Tip#534: Passion & Perseverance, Part 1 – 100th Year Anniversary - Titanic 
Tip#543: Passion & Perseverance, Part 2 – The Natural, Director's Cut 
Tip#652: Passion & Perseverance, Part 3 - The Company You Keep 
Tip#691: Passion & Perseverance, Part 4 - Rocky
Tip#731: Passion & Perseverance, Part 5 – The Right Kind of Wrong
Tip#752: Passion & Perseverance, Part 6 - Dolphin Tale
Tip#760: Passion & Perseverance, Part 7 - Today’s Special
Tip#864: Passion & Perseverance, Part 8 - Danny Collins
Tip#885: Passion & Perseverance, Part 9 - Outbreak
Tip#953: Passion & Perseverance, Part 10 - Eddie the Eagle 


Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

EMMANUEL’S FIRST BOOK NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE:
“Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Resilience Expert & Speaker
Movies for Motivation Expert
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience in Your Work & Life!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2014

No comments: