Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tip#574: Getting through Dark, Rainy Days - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

A day after I wrote my last post about the sunny weather I was experiencing (tip#573) the skies turned dark and it rained all day. The dreary, heavy air seemed to amplify some underlying stress and I slipped into a feeling of hopelessness. It was frustrating because I had plans to be productive with work and ended up just floating aimlessly.

Thankfully I remembered to reach out to two friends who reminded me that "This too will pass" and that I was not alone. I was also drawn to watching J.K. Rowling's Harvard commencement speech which lifted my spirits immensely. Here is an inspiring sample about Rowling's benefits from experiencing divorce and struggling financially as a single mother:

“Failure meant a stripping away of the inessential... And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life... Failure gave me an inner security that I had never attained by passing examinations. Failure taught me things about myself that I could have learned no other way. I discovered that I had a strong will, and more discipline than I had suspected; I also found out that I had friends whose value was truly above the price of rubies."

• See clip of this segment of J. K. Rowling's speech: click here
• See full Harvard Commencement Speech: click here
• See transcript of speech: click here

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)

The fantasy film Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is the 5th installment of the movie series in which Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) discovers powerful allies already around him called the Order of the Phoenix. One of the members is Harry's godfather Sirius Black (Gary Oldman) who shares this powerful statement to Harry...

"You're not a bad person. You're a very good person, who bad things have happened to."

Up until that point in the film series Harry had been through much pain and darkness and would continue to do so in the upcoming stories. But it's comforting words like these and the friends and allies Harry has that helps him find his inner strength to persevere.

Sirius Black's statement also spoke deeply to me as did J.K. Rowling's Harvard speech. They brought me comfort and inspiration to persevere through the dark days that unexpectedly show up.

Find comfort in knowing you are not a bad person. You too are a VERY GOOD PERSON, who bad things have happened to. You too will get through your own rainy, dark days. And always remember there are good people ready to help you anytime you need!

GET YOUR FREE EBOOK NOW:
"15 MOVIES: EXCERPTS FROM THE UPCOMING BOOK, PASSION & PERSEVERANCE"
Scroll to bottom of this link: www.motivatorman.com

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE GOING THROUGH DIFFICULT TIMES?
Send them this list of movies A to Z that will
inspire, empower and motivate them forward!
See: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author | Speaker | Movie Blogger
Personal Development for Movie Lovers
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2012




No comments: