Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Tip#461: Have Fun In The Process - Bowfinger

I love watching movies AND I love making movies. I recently edited a new short video promo for my lectures, keynotes and seminars. Every step of the process was a joy even though I sifted through 6 hours of footage from 2 cameras of a 3 hour workshop. In the end it was a passion and therefore so much fun creating a 4 minute video.

See new video promo: click here

The fun I have editing videos for myself and for other speakers reminded me of the filmmaking fun of the movie Bowfinger. I always loved this film especially now that I'm looking for a new business team to help take my motivational services to the next level. This film helps me to visualize the fun, dedication and creative problem solving skills of a team achieving a huge goal.

Bowfinger 1999

The comedy Bowfinger is about a down-and-out filmmaker named Bobby Bowfinger (Steven Martin) who goes after an impossible dream of making a movie with a famous action star Kit Ramsey (Eddie Murphy) without him knowing he is being filmed. Bowfinger gathers together actors and production people who all believe in Bowfinger's vision even though they do not know his whole moviemaking process.

Murphy also plays another character named Jiff and his first scene always amazes me with his endearing performance of a sweet naïve nerd. Jiff is just one character amongst others that come together and create something spectacular. It reminds me that big goals can be achieved with the help of like-minded people AND that you can have a lot of fun in the process!

What movies inspire fun for you?

Do you have a favourite movie that feels fun? Is there a film that makes you laugh with how fun the characters are? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below OR click on the blog title above and scroll to bottom.

UPCOMING TORONTO EVENT:
"BECOME A PEOPLE MAGNET"
Tuesday, June 7th 7pm

If you love chocolate you will love this fun, interactive people skills workshop where you will learn to:
• Create instant connections
• Authentically express your heart's desire
• Learn to listen to body language of others
• Connect more fully in your sexual relationships, business relationships, family and personal relationships
• Make more meaningful Social Networking connections

Seating is limited. More details: click here


JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

SEE THE MOVIES MOTIVATE LIST A to Z!
Look up your favourite movies and the motivational tips
written for them: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author and Professional Speaker
Use The Magic of Movies to Motivate
Motivational Superhero at Your Service!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2011

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading a bit of your blog - it is very cool and interesting. Something of the stuff you have said sounds like you had read the book called the secret - can you reccommend any similar books? All the best.

BTW. After reading your review of Kung Fu Panda 2 - I am going to go out and watch it...