Sunday, December 31, 2017

Tip#1074: Random Acts of Kindness, Part 5 - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

The Christmas vacation I'm on in sunny Las Vegas has been extra memorable because of several amazing random acts of kindness I experienced. I’ve either witnessed, had given or received these acts of kindness. What stood out were two amazing moments that sent huge waves of love and joy through me!

Pizza Slice at Costco

I was sitting with my mom enjoying delicious polish sausages at Costco. We shared a table with a couple that just got a large pizza. I asked if it tasted good because I'd never tried it. The man said yes and offered me a slice. I said no thank you but he said they had more than enough and insisted I take a slice. So I did and it was one of the best melt-in-your-mouth pizzas I've ever had! Plus I was so in awe and grateful for this man's unexpected kindness, warmth and generosity of spirit. Truly felt the love of the holiday season from a stranger here in Las Vegas. See post and join me on: My Instagram


Little Girl & Peppermint Candies

On Christmas Eve in Las Vegas, I was at midnight mass in my mom's church where she sings in the choir when I saw this cute little girl randomly go up to strangers giving them a little candy. One by one I'd see these people give a big smile and sometimes a hug for the little girl. She later walked up to me where I was sitting and gleefully looked me in the eye and gave me a Bob's Sweet Stripes Soft Peppermint Candy! Her random act of kindness touched my heart and I thanked her enthusiastically. She truly demonstrated the true meaning of Christmas and made my Christmas extra special! See post and join me on: My Instagram

As I wrote in tip#1067 on what Dr. Wayne Dyer said, “The positive effect of kindness on the immune system and on the increased production of serotonin in the brain has been proven in research studies.”. I definitely felt a shot of serotonin and love throughout my whole being with these two uplifting experiences. I also happened to finally watch a film that won the People’s Choice Award at TIFF 2017 that surprised me with three wonderful examples for random acts of kindness!



Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

The comedy, drama film, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, is about a divorced mother, Mildred Hayes (Frances McDormand), challenging local authorities to solve her daughter's murder through three bold billboard messages she purchases. This powerful, engaging and humorous film features many outstanding performances that include McDormand as well as Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell, Caleb Landry Jones, John Hawkes, Peter Dinklage, Samara Weaving and more. See: Red band movie trailer (warning profanity)

So many of the performances were note perfect such as the absolutely riveting Frances McDormand. Her character Mildred demonstrated many strengths such as leadership, courage, confidence, passion, perseverance, resilience, strategic thinking and indestructible optimism. The tone of the film also had an amazing balance of humour and gritty drama as well as inspiring themes on redemption and personal transformation.

The three random acts of kindness were also surprising and moving when they occurred. It’s best that I don’t mention specifics so that you can enjoy these great moments. You’ll know it when you see them because you’ll feel that shot of the feel-good brain chemical serotonin! These are those inspiring moments of why cinema can be extremely uplifting and fill you with hope and positivity!

When you witness cinematic examples for acts of kindness as well as those that you experience in real-life they can inspire and lift your spirits up from whatever challenges you face. They can empower you to see a brighter future for yourself and for your loved ones and others close to you. Whether you are witnessing, giving or receiving, be part of a feel-good random act of kindness experience today!

Happy New Year to all my wonderful readers around the world!

Related Tips:
Tip#602: You Are Awesome! Part 1 – Validation (short film) 
Tip#1061: Be of Service to Others - Victoria & Abdul
Tip#889: Random Acts of Kindness – Depression - Seven Pounds
Tip#934: Random Acts of Kindness, Part 2 – Dancing Barista – The Ellen DeGeneres Show – It Could Happen to You
Tip#1005: Random Acts of Kindness, Part 3 - Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon
Tip#1067: Random Acts of Kindness, Part 4 – Top 10 Movies for Kindness
Tip#1074: Random Acts of Kindness, Part 5 - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri



DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE THAT NEEDS
CHEERING UP DURING THE HOLIDAYS?
• LISTEN: Emmanuel's CBC Radio Interview on Movie Messages of Hope for the Holidays: The Fresh Air Show
• WATCH: Uplifting Movie Montage produced by Emmanuel Lopez!
• READ: Emmanuel's Ebook, Movie Messages of Hope for the Holidays on sale now

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker
Discover How Movies Inspire, Motivate & Empower You!
See website: www.motivatorman.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2017

No comments: