Sunday, July 21, 2019

Tip#1155: Look Forward To Something, Part 2 – San Diego Comic Con 2019 - Marvel Phase 4 – Star Trek: Picard

This summer, areas of our planet have been experiencing intense heat waves and it’s been stifling here in Toronto. And it didn’t help that my recent birthday was sadly one of the most depressing I’ve ever had. There were a lot of reasons why but it left me feeling so lonely, lost, hopeless and unmotivated in my life and work. But something happened that re-injected my soul with energy and enthusiasm! Something happened to give me something to look forward to.

San Diego Comic Con is currently happening as I write this on a Sunday morning and yesterday filmmakers announced upcoming movies and TV shows in the famed Hall H that I was excited about. Though there were many announcements (Top Gun 2 and Terminator Dark Fate) the first that grabbed my heart and lifted me sky high was the trailer for the new TV series Star Trek: Picard. It was filled with so many nostalgic references to Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Voyager that I loved so much in the 80’s and 90’s!

See trailer: Star Trek: Picard

Just seeing Patrick Stewart reprise his role as Jean-Luc Picard and all the fan-service surprises in the trailer made me so happy and giddy. I watched the trailer over and over and enjoyed reading comments from equally thrilled fans on Twitter.

The Star Trek trailer transformed my depressed mood so fast and the feel-good feelings continued with the epic Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Phase 4 announcements for upcoming movies and TV shows. New movies included The Eternals, Shang-Chi, Doctor Strange 2 and Thor 4 as well as new TV shows WandaVision. This all energized my spirits as if I was eating delicious, chocolate cake!

As I watched Phase 4 photos and footage being posted live on Twitter I got to feel the excitement of the audience cheering as we saw the cast of each show come on stage. I don’t know anything about The Eternal comic book but I was so thrilled to see such a diverse cast that included South Asian, Mexican, African American, Chinese and a deaf actress as they were joined onstage by superstar Angelina Jolie. The film is also being directed by an Asian woman!

Watch: Each of the Marvel Phase 4 presentations

All this and more will be unfolding in the next two years and I am left feeling so enthusiastic to be around to watch all these amazing shows! Now the only thing missing is finding a warm hearted single woman who is equally enthusiastic to share this geeky cinematic journey with me! And celebrate my birthday with me next year!

For now I am feeling grateful my prayers for guidance were answered in remembering the uplifting power of cinema and the geeky passions I grew up loving. Passion really is fuel to keep each of us going especially the dark times that look hopeless. I hope you find something today to re-energize your hope and give you something to look forward to in the near future!

Related Tips:
Tip#86: Look Forward To Something - Cast Away 

SEE EMMANUEL's:
• Top Movies as Inspirational Learning Tools: www.Movies for Motivation.com
• Award-winning Illustrations: www.EmmanuelLopez.com
• Social Media Consulting Services: www.SocialMediaWingman.com

Remember How Movies Can Help You:
A) Entertain & Escape
B) Re-energize & Release
C) Inspiration & Motivation

 http://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Award-winning Illustrator | Movie Blogger | Speaker | Foodie
Discover Movies As Inspirational Learning Tools!
See website: www.MoviesForMotivation.com
 
© Emmanuel Lopez 2019

No comments: