Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Tip#995: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 7 - Captain Fantastic

I recently had one of the most enjoyable Thanksgiving gatherings with the family I grew up with. And it wasn’t just because of the excellent, delicious foods and fun conversations we always have when we’re together, it’s because I feel great for having focused on being the best brother, son and friend I can be for the family. I also know every family has their challenges and dramas and yet things have improved because I’ve learned that positive change had to start with me.

And as I approach a major milestone of writing 1,000 tips and 10 years of working on this movie blog I’ve been very introspective about the choices I’ve made in life. I now want to have a family of my own despite having lived alone for so long. Finding that special woman to share my life with would be a great start!

I also know a sense of family can come in different forms so I will keep an open mind and heart to whatever comes my way. Thankfully I continue to discover amazing films that can inspire a vision of what a loving, supportive family can look like.


Captain Fantastic (2016)

The drama film, Captain Fantastic, is about a single father named Ben (Viggo Mortensen) raising his six children deep in the wilderness of Washington state. This heartwarming, humorous movie is filled with inspiring moments of love, support and thought-provoking insights about living different lifestyles and raising kids. And there is lots of gorgeous forest scenery to see! See: movie trailer


I was so moved by this film and knew I needed to watch it again and again. It's brimming with life lessons! There were amazing performances by the kids and overall it was perfectly cast. Their life in the wilderness was also fascinating as they had no technology like TV, mobile phones or computers. You can see how this led to each of them excelling in philosophy, facts, physical exercise, healthy eating and open, honest communication with one another. The film also shows the importance of learning about life by interacting with the world and beyond what you just read in a book.

I was also aware that my dad’s name was the same as the father in this film which made me feel my dad’s spirit was teaching me more life lessons through this movie! And though both fathers are not perfect it inspired me to see the unconditional love coming from Ben and from each of his children.

Inspiring Themes:
• Having a Vision
• Passion
• Perseverance
• Resilience
• Indestructible Optimism
• Supportive Relationships
• Family & Community
• Family Values

Movies can offer so many different visions of what family looks like and they can inspire you to cultivate more loving relationships in your own clan or community. And family means something different to each person. What does family mean to you?

Related Tips:
Tip#660: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 1 – Fast & Furious 6 
Tip#712: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 2 - Love Actually 
Tip#773: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 3 - Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Tip#794: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 4 - The Good Lie
Tip#795: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 5 – This is Where I Leave You 
Tip#948: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 6 – The Jungle Book
Tip#995: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 7 - Captain Fantastic
Tip#1073: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 8 - Office Christmas Party 
Tip#1093: What Does Family Mean to You? Part 9 - Grandma 


ON SALE NOW:
Top Inspiring Women in the Movies:
15 Films for Leadership at Work & in Life
The latest eBook by Emmanuel Lopez: Click Here

LISTEN TO EMMANUEL’S CBC RADIO INTERVIEW on
MOVIE MESSAGES OF HOPE: Fresh Air Show 14 minutes

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Inspiration & Motivation 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
The Movies-For-Motivation Speaker
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience & Indestructible Optimism
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2016

No comments: