Sunday, October 02, 2016

Tip#992: The Power of Movie Trailers – 4 Movies

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (2016)

I was really looking forward to seeing Tim Burton’s new film, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children because both of its trailers were so visually exciting! They showed a breathtaking, magical world of kids with special, superhero-like abilities and I was hooked! But when I finally saw it on opening day my excitement deflated because the film didn’t flow well for me. Many scenes were visually amazing but I just wasn’t emotionally engaged as much as seeing the trailers.
See: Trailer 1
See: Trailer 2

When I feature a movie on this blog it’s because I received a clear, inspirational message, life lesson or positive emotional charge. And though I may receive these factors in future viewings of Burton’s film I just felt more strongly about the trailers. And that is, of course, the point of movie trailers and teasers, they are meant to get you excited about seeing that film.


Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Some movie teasers tap into nostalgic feelings that trigger deep emotional reactions like the 2nd teaser of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. For people like myself that grew up loving the original Star Wars trilogy of the mid 70’s I cried when Han Solo and Chewbacca appeared at the end of the teaser. I wasn’t alone as millions of other grown men admitted to crying too! And then seeing the movie was an epic experience that tapped more into the nostalgic feelings. See: Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Teaser 2

And for a laugh check out this fun, hilarious video using a scene from Inception to convey the emotional feelings of seeing the Star Wars teaser. See: Matthew Mcconaughey's reaction to Star Wars teaser #2 - Celebrity reactions

Now check out this mashup of 20 fan reactions to the teaser that will put a huge smile on your face! See: Reactions Mashup (20 Reactions) 


La La Land (2016)

The two teaser trailers for La La Land were so surprisingly simple and yet riveting in its magical, musical quality. There was something so fresh about them! When I saw it at TIFF 2016 I was so happy to discover that it went far beyond the trailers and proved itself to be astonishingly fantastic and heartfelt on so many levels.
See: Teaser #1
See: Teaser #2


A Dog’s Purpose (2017)

This movie trailer is pure perfection! It went straight to my heart! It was like a work of art in conveying the joy for what I hope this movie will be like when I finally see it. And yet there is a possibility that the trailer is better then the film itself. See: Movie trailer

In the end you have to see movies for yourself and decide whether its teaser or trailer matched the quality of what you first viewed. Either way trailers and teasers are part of the magic and excitement of movies!

How about you? Have you seen a movie trailer that you loved? Please let me know!


ON SALE NOW:
Top Inspiring Women in the Movies:
15 Films for Leadership at Work & in Life
The latest eBook by Emmanuel Lopez: Click Here

LISTEN TO EMMANUEL’S CBC RADIO INTERVIEW on
MOVIE MESSAGES OF HOPE: Fresh Air Show 14 minutes

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Inspiration & Motivation 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
The Movies-For-Motivation Speaker
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience & Indestructible Optimism
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2016

No comments: