Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Tip#971: How Movies Mirror Your Inner Strengths, Part 4 – PTSD – Iron Man 3

It’s been a week since I chose to be a little relaxed with my gut health diet (see tip#945). And yet I believe the results are feeling much more healthier and vibrant while at family gatherings since my mom is in town visiting. These annual get-togethers are like markers in time where I can remember being unwell over the years and now feel in awe how good it feels to be free of depression symptoms. I am much more present, alert and energized!

I recently watched a beautiful Blu-ray version of Iron Man 3 and appreciated more of the sub-plot of Tony Stark experiencing post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This was a result of the almost fatal events in New York City from The Avengers (2012) film. He was suffering anxiety attacks and yet wasn’t aware he had PTSD. It reminded me of my own long journey of not knowing what I was dealing with for decades. Seeing this film again in my current positive state made me feel more empathetic and connected to this movie hero!



 Iron Man 3 (2013)

The superhero film, Iron Man 3, is about Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) battling multiple villains as well as post-traumatic stress disorder. This exciting and highly entertaining third chapter of the trilogy features returning actress Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts and new villains Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) and The Mandarin (Ben Kingsley). See: movie trailer


At the start of the story Stark tries to explain to his girlfriend Pepper of the distress he’s been experiencing for several months. Part of how he’s been coping with sleepless nights and anxiety attacks is to be productive in his workshop. Did did what he loved to do and it was being a mechanic. He ends up creating over 30 Iron Man suits! I’ve seen this film several times since it’s release but this was the first time I recognized how it mirrored my own creative coping methods for depression.

For over 15 years I spent many hours alone doing what I loved. I created countless artworks, music, poems, motivational products and children’s books that helped reduce the ruminating of negative thoughts I experienced and other depression symptoms. These are works I dream of one day sharing with the world as they are uplifting and beautiful results from not knowing what I was dealing with. In the film you eventually see Stark’s fantastic creations and it inspired me to feel that others will see mine as well!

See video clip: Iron Man 3 - All Suit Names (Mark 1 - 42) 

See great article by Travis Langley Ph.D. for Psychology Today:
“Does Iron Man 3's Hero Suffer Post-traumatic Stress Disorder?”

The same movie seen at different times in your life can mirror and remind you of your inner strengths and greatness. That’s why you can benefit by analyzing why you enjoy watching favourite movies over and over again. The scenes you feel an emotional charge from are speaking to you. Be open today to receive the answers and insights you’ve been seeking!

Related Tips:
Tip#530: How Movies Mirror Your Inner Strengths, Part 1 - The Color of Money
Tip#570: How Movies Mirror Your Inner Strengths, Part 2 - Nim's Island
Tip#693: How Movies Mirror Your Inner Strengths, Part 3 - E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
Tip#971: How Movies Mirror Your Inner Strengths, Part 4 – Iron Man 3
Tip#972: How Movies Mirror Your Inner Strengths, Part 5 – Spider-Man 2.1 
Tip#850: The Greatest Self-Help Superhero Movie - Spider-Man 2



ON SALE NOW:
Top Inspiring Women in the Movies:
15 Films for Leadership at Work & in Life
The latest eBook by Emmanuel Lopez: Click Here

LISTEN TO EMMANUEL’S CBC RADIO INTERVIEW on
MOVIE MESSAGES OF HOPE: Fresh Air Show 14 minutes

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Inspiration & Motivation 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
The Movies-For-Motivation Speaker
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience & Indestructible Optimism
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2016

No comments: