Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Tip#858: Recognize The Support Around You, Part 2 - Ron Ellis - San Andreas

I was very honored to speak to hockey legend and mental health advocate Ron Ellis on the telephone recently. Ellis inspires me because he’s been speaking openly to corporations about his journey with depression. I told him about my mental health and he encouraged me to also speak openly about my clinical depression. Ellis says it helps people to put a face on depression. This is true because seeing that he speaks about depression inspired me to continue being resilient with my ongoing challenges.

I was recommended to connect with Ellis through another speaker I met a few months ago. After I talked to Ellis I was in awe and amazed how great it felt to find his support through unexpected channels. This is an important reminder to recognize the support around you and to be open with your needs and goals.


San Andreas (2015)

The action disaster film, San Andreas, is about massive earthquakes that strike Los Angeles and San Francisco and rescue-chopper pilot Ray (Dwayne Johnson) and his goal to save his wife Emma (Carla Gugino) and daughter Blake (Alexandra Daddario). Though this movie features unrealistic “over-the-top” action scenes it is still thrilling in its stunning visual effects and touching in its moments about family and supportive help. See: amazing movie trailer

Inspiring Themes:
• Perseverance
• Resilience
• Indestructible Optimism
• Strategic/Creative Thinking
• Leadership
• Family support
• Support from strangers


I was also inspired by the scenes of strangers helping or being helped by Ray. I especially loved the scenes with Blake and the two brothers from England and how they unexpectedly help each other survive. They meet as strangers before the quake hits and then afterwards reveal hidden skill sets and knowledge (especially the younger brother!) that help them move through the destruction.

Be inspired to know there is always support around you whether it’s family, friends, work colleagues or strangers. You just need to be open with your needs and goals and articulate them to others. They, or someone they know, may be able to help you. You’ll be amazed at how some people are quick and eager to be there for you!

Great article: 12 Earthquake Survival Lessons from the San Andres Movie

Related Tips:
Tip#41: Recognize The Support Around You - 4 Movie Tips
Tip#857: Recognize The Support Around You, Part 2 - Ron Ellis - San Andreas
Tip#872: Recognize The Support Around You, Part 3 - Red Planet

NEED A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER ON RESILIENCE?
For your workplace, AGM, Conference or special event...
Contact Motivatorman now! See topics: Click here

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker & Resilience Expert
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience in Your Work & Life!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2015

4 comments:

Scully Love Promo said...

I continue to be inspired by your perseverance and resilience when it comes to dealing with your clinical depression, Emmanuel! You're a leader and an inspiration and I thank you. I'm always reading your blogs even when I'm not commenting but I want you to know that you ARE inspiring me and I'm grateful for our connection!

All my best & hugs too,
Christine

Candice Frederick said...

you never know what kind of person you will become once your life i in jeopardy. thanks for this post

Emmanuel Lopez - Motivatorman said...

Many thanks Scully Love Promo! Your comments really lifted me up and I so appreciate your ongoing support and readership of my blog. You are awesome!!!!

Emmanuel Lopez - Motivatorman said...

So true Candice! And glad you liked the post.