Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Tip#793: I Believe in You, Pt. 4 – Begin Again

It was an honor to speak at the Investors Group recently because the person who invited me was my financial consultant from my previous illustration business Crackers World Communications. Over two decades ago Nicola Robbie was very supportive to the success of my business AND then again at the start of my year long depression in early 2000. After that we lost touch for over a decade and yet I would always remember what she told me that kept me energized during my ongoing adversities… “I believe in you.”

Those four words allowed me to persevere and I shared this story at the Investors Group presentation because it was part of my “3 Keys for Resilience” which is “No.1 Re-energize Yourself”. Surrounding yourself with a supportive team that verbally encourage and validate you is energizing! It fuels your drive to accomplish goals. And it allows you to face rejections and failures and begin again.


“Emmanuel’s presentation on the use of films to underpin one’s resilience in the face of adversity resonated with our group. His message can be applied by all organizational enterprises to help their teams push through an adversity with passion and grace to a rewarding and successful conclusion.” 
Nicola Robbie, Financial Consultant, Investors Group

“My sincere thanks for your inspiring Investors Group talk on resilience and how you use movies as your motivational medium. Your use of films and specific movie scenes to demonstrate how folks overcame adversity allows me to ‘step into their shoes’ and experience their triumphs. Using your visualization tips I can stay resolved to successfully obtaining my goals.” 
Robert Murakami, Consultant, Investors Group

Begin Again (2014)

The musical drama, Begin Again, is about a disgraced music-business executive named Dan (Mark Ruffalo) who, by magical chance, hears Gretta (Keira Knightley) perform one of her songs on a night they both are in despair and feeling hopeless. Together they rebuild their lives and careers through a creative musical project across New York City. This uplifting film is filled with wonderful songs (Knightley has a fantastic voice!) and excellent performances by all. See: movie trailer

Dan believed in Gretta and other characters believed in their project and together helped make it a success. This film will inspire you to remember that someone somewhere believes in you even if you don’t see it in the present moment at work or in your life.

RELATED TIPS:
Tip#128: I Believe In You, Pt.1 - The Matrix
Tip#129: I Believe In You, Pt.2 - Contact
Tip#637: I Believe in You, Pt.3 - Oz the Great and Powerful
Tip#793: I Believe in You, Pt.4 - Begin Again
Tip#609: Believe in Yourself – ParaNorman
Tip#696: Find People Who Believe What You Believe – The Way Way Back

SEE NEW SOCIAL MEDIA PROJECT:
“INSPIRING FILM RECOMMENDATIONS FROM MOVIE LOVERS AROUND THE WORLD”
Click here

UPDATED: SEE MOVIES THAT MOTIVATE A to Z
Check out your favourite movies listed alphabetical order: Click here 

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

EMMANUEL’S FIRST BOOK AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE:
“Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here 

http://bit.ly/cxjH4Zhttp://bit.ly/cj7UIphttp://www.pinterest.com/motivatorman1/http://bit.ly/9Je5dhhttp://bit.ly/djk9Yjhttp://bit.ly/bUSAy0

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker & Resilience Expert
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience in Your Work & Life!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2014

2 comments:

Scully Love Promo said...

I saw this film recently and I LOVED it! Keira Knightley does have a great voice and the chemistry between her and Mark Ruffalo was palpable. It's a truly uplifting film that will have a place in my DVD collection for sure!

Emmanuel Lopez - Motivatorman said...

Happy you loved the film! I just saw again and there are many magical moments.