Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Tip#770: Friendships in Films, Part 2 - The Kings of Summer

I am extremely glad that I was able to get to my friend’s cottage a few weekends ago to soak in the great outdoors with good friends. The reason is this recent July 1st long weekend (and week before) was spent mostly sick in bed with a cold. I missed out on so many Toronto events and yet I knew my body needed rest. I also had the chance to edit 100’s of photos I took from the cottage weekend. See: Facebook photo album 

There is something so rejuvenating about the forest air and lake water! And I always love the nature walks my friend Jamie takes us on through his land. And though we only had one hot day some of us jumped into the chilly water. I lasted a few seconds and scrambled out and then jumped in again! I could feel my whole mind, body and spirit jolt wide awake each time. The water reminded me how good it was to be alive and how timeless the great outdoors feels with good friends!

The Kings of Summer (2013)

The comedy film, The Kings of Summer, is about Joe (Nick Robinson) a teen who is so frustrated with his single father that he decides to leave home and build a house in the woods with his best friend Patrick (Gabriel Basso) and a strange kid named Baggio (Moisés Arias). This coming-of-age story had characters that were hilarious and offered heartwarming lessons of friendship and loyalty.
See: fun short teaser
See: movie trailer

Inspiring Themes:
• Friendship
• Loyalty
• Leadership & Teamwork
• Fun & Adventure
• Energy of being in nature

If you like movies like Stand By Me you will enjoy this film! There are many movies about friendship. Which ones do you resonate with?

Related Tips:
Tip#544: Re-Energize in Nature - The Fox and the Child 
Tip#684: Friendships in Films - Kick-Ass 2 
Tip#770: Friendships in Films, Part 2 - The Kings of Summer

SEE NEW RESILIENCE TIPS PAGE:
See my top resources for increasing your resilience now on my Motivatorman website: click here 

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

EMMANUEL’S FIRST BOOK NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE:
“Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here
JOIN ME on PINTEREST: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker & Resilience Expert
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience in Your Work & Life!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 201

No comments: