Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Tip#768: Have a Vision, Part 2 - The Grand Budapest Hotel

It was a fantastic and surreal moment standing in front of the two audiences at the 2014 COSTI Conference and telling my story about the financial crisis and bankruptcy I experienced. COSTI is one of Canada’s largest multicultural organizations and my topic was called “Increase Your Resilience Now”. I did a keynote for the morning audience and then a second for the afternoon.

It was surreal because was sharing the vision I had during my adversities four years ago that kept me resilient. While my world was crumbling around me I pictured myself one day on stage sharing how I got through such a painful, debilitating time. This vision would be the destination I would focus on. This was the story I focused on.

And this conference marked the first time my vision came true! I could now help others with how having a vision is one of my three key factors for resilience. Imagination, vision and storytelling are powerful tools we can all access to empower our lives and work during difficult times.

Three Key Factors for Resilience:
1) Re-energize Yourself
2) Activate Indestructible Optimism
3) Grow Social Support & Team Spirit

“You have revolutionized how I now view movies, as there could be valuable lessons to be captured. You have made a positive impression that changed my life. Thank you Emmanuel.” 
Felix Amato, COSTI Conference 2014

“Thank you for sharing such an inspiring and motivational speech at our Costi event. I was touched by your journey and the challenges you faced. Wow!” 
Chris Bent, COSTI Conference 2014 

Thank you Emmanuel for inspiring and motivating me, in that moment of time you were a lighthouse in the fog.
Nigel Campbell, COSTI Conference 2014 

The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)

The comedy drama, The Grand Budapest Hotel, is a story told in several different time periods about an author’s memorable experiences of this hotel in a European alpine state. This is another of director Wes Anderson’s extremely playful, imaginative and visually stunning films that celebrates creative storytelling. He always has a strong vision of how his movies are told. And you will notice each time period has a different aspect ratio in the film e.g. widescreen, full screen. See: movie trailer

Every scene and setting was like a living cartoon filled with colorful characters played by a star-studded cast that include: Ralph Fiennes, F. Murray Abrahams, Edward Norton, Saoirse Ronan, Adrien Brody, Willem Dafoe, Jason Schwartzman, Jude Law, Tilda Swinton, Harvey Keitel, Bill Murray, Owen Wilson and others!

Let this film inspire your own imagination, your vision and the stories you tell yourself in your mind. Believe that you are writing your life story and that it can be bright and full of accomplishment! Just remember you need a vision to begin!

Related Tips:
Tip#744: Have a Vision, Part 1 – Noah 
Tip#768: Have a Vision, Part 2 - The Grand Budapest Hotel
Tip#820: Have a Vision, Part 3 - A Knight’s Tale

SEE NEW RESILIENCE TIPS PAGE: See my top resources for increasing your resilience now on my Motivatorman website: click here 

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

EMMANUEL’S FIRST BOOK NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE:
“Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here
JOIN ME on PINTEREST: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Speaker & Resilience Expert
Discover How Movies Inspire Resilience in Your Work & Life!
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2014

No comments: