Sunday, June 23, 2013

Tip#667: See Life As An Adventure, Part 2 – 4 Movie Tips

Have you ever had an epiphany when someone just shared a story? Have you ever resonated deeply when someone said a phrase or keyword? I recently experienced a profound reaction to a story I shared at a new salon series hosted by Melanie Gorka and Claire Buré of Commons11. This thought-provoking series called Is Beautiful brought together a diverse audience to discuss the theme of “Mindfulness” led by Ayla Newhouse a Communications/Wellness Designer.

At the conclusion we each shared a personal experience about what mindfulness meant to us. I talked about my recent month in May where I was dealing with multiple challenges while searching for a new home. Then on one specific day, while I was feeling so stressed and hopeless, a thought struck me that transformed my heaviness. I reminded myself that “I WAS ON AN ADVENTURE” and suddenly I felt better and actually excited about my situation! I just knew that everything would be okay and that I would find a home. And I did! (see tip#663)

What really moved me was my story triggered a deep resonance with other people at the salon. They said that when I mentioned the term “adventure” that it instantly helped them see their own challenges in a brighter light. It made me feel so good that my story inspired people. And it reminded me that this is what “indestructible optimism” is all about. Seeing life challenges as an adventure is a primary key to overcoming adversities.

 Here are 4 movies that demonstrate seeing life challenges as an adventure:

The Croods (2013)

This animated comedy adventure is about a cave dwelling family that must learn to live out in the open after a catastrophe destroys their home. The father (Nicholas Cage) is a pessimist who learns to see life more optimistically through the help of a more evolved human (Ryan Reynolds). He sees life like an exciting adventure despite events that appear negative.

Empire of the Sun (1987)

This war epic is about a young English boy (Christian Bale) who is separated by his parents under the Japanese occupation of World War II. Despite the destruction and atrocities he witnesses his childlike sense of wonder helps him cope and survive. He saw everything as an exciting adventure and his positive attitude would inspire others.

Peaceful Warrior (2006)

This drama is about a college gymnast (Scott Mechlowicz) who dreams of Olympic success and is mentored by an enigmatic gas station attendant (Nick Nolte). The gymnast goes through a profound transformation in attitude and heart and realizes the ultimate answer he’d been seeking, “The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination.”

The Terminal (2004)

This comedy drama is about an eastern immigrant (Tom Hanks) who finds himself stranded in JFK airport and must learn how to survive and live there. Inspired by true events you will see how someone caught in an unusual situation chooses to view it as an adventure and an opportunity to make mutually supportive friends.

Do you see life as an adventure? What are some of your favourite movies that demonstrate the kind of adventures that excite you? Please share and know that your film recommendations could inspire someone!

Related Tips:
Tip#655: See Life As An Adventure, Part 1 - Kon-Tiki
Tip#667: See Life As An Adventure, Part 2 – 4 Movie Tips
Tip#670: See Life As An Adventure, Part 3 – The Forbidden Kingdom
Tip#704: See Life As An Adventure, Part 4 - The Book Thief
Tip#826: See Life As An Adventure, Part 5 - Water for Elephants

Remember How Movies Can Help You: 
A) Entertain & Escape 
B) Re-energize & Release 
C) Insights, Epiphanies & AHA moments 

EMMANUEL’S NEW BOOK NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE: “Movies for Motivation: How To Stay Strong in Your Life & Career”
Read the Introduction and 1st Chapter now: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2013

No comments: