Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tip#608: God in Cinema, Part 1 - Life of Pi

"Even when God seemed to have abandoned me, he was watching. Even when he seemed indifferent to my suffering, he was watching. And when I was beyond all hope of saving, he gave me rest. Then he gave me a sign to continue my journey." 
Life of Pi (2012)

One of the greatest gifts my life journey has helped me with was the deeper relationship I have now with God. And hearing the above quote in the movie Life of Pi touched my soul because I have experienced it time and time again. And I feel so grateful that yet another cinematic experience can communicate something so personal to me AND that I can now recommend to others going through difficult times.

Life of Pi (2012)

The fantasy adventure drama Life of Pi is an epic journey of survival and self-discovery for a young man from India, Pi (Suraj Sharma), sharing a lifeboat with a Bengal tiger. As shown when he is a boy, Pi was passionately learning about God through many religions. This learning continued through his hardships alone at sea and experiencing many spectacular, magical moments with nature. His relationship with God deepens and enriches his soul to learn how to stay alive AND co-exist with the tiger. See: movie trailer


Right from the beginning when the opening song played I got chills up my spine and knew I was in for a cinematic treat! The rich, colourful sequences and computer-generated imagery were absolutely stunning. And it also uses 3D effects in fantastic ways. I truly felt magic radiating from this movie. All these factors enhanced the powerful motivational messages about life, purpose, perseverance and God.

If and when you are at your absolute lowest in life remember there is always the option of surrendering to a higher power. Always remember that you are never alone. And remember that there is magic in movies that can lift you up when you feel lost. And maybe, just maybe its because a higher power led you to see it!

Related Tips:
Tip#841: God in Movies, Part 2 – The Ten Commandments
Tip#239: Why Your Buttons Get Pushed - Evan Almighty  
Tip#450: Don't Let Your Karma Run Over My Dogma - Dogma 
Tip#546: Be Open to Messages from Above – Bruce Almighty
Tip#815: Be Inspired by Amazing True Stories, Part 4 – Star in the Night

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author | Speaker | Movie Blogger
Personal & Professional Development for Movie Lovers
 See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2012

No comments: