Sunday, September 04, 2011

Tip#484: Inspiring Movies About Authors Part 1 - Midnight in Paris

As I mentioned in tip#482 this summer had been another test of my faith and indestructible optimism. It was also a time of miracles. These miracles came in the form of diverse income streams that magically came to me exactly when I needed it! So now I have breathing space to follow my dream of getting a motivational book published.

At the same time I've realized that I have subconscious fears about being an author or of getting my writing published (see tip#481). This is strange to me because I've been a published illustrator since the 1980's AND a songwriter in 1999 for my Rain of Angels music CD. Whatever the deep fears are that block me I am dedicating myself to facing and overcoming them! This article begins a series of blog posts on inspiring movies about authors I am using to motivate myself.

Midnight in Paris 2011

The romantic comedy-fantasy Midnight in Paris is Woody Allen's movie about Gil (Owen Wilson) a successful Hollywood screenwriter who has a dream to finish his first novel. He is following his passion. Unfortunately Gil's dream is not supported especially by his fiancé Inez (Rachel McAdams).

While they are vacationing in Paris Gil takes a magical walk one night at midnight and is transported to the 1920's. There he meets numerous writers and artists he has admired like Ernest Hemingway (Corey Stoll), F. Scott Fitzgerald (Tom Middleston), Gertrude Stein (Kathy Bates), Pablo Picasso (Marcial Di Fonzo) and Salvador Dali (Adrien Brody). Through this amazing and surreal experience Gil is able to get encouraging feedback on his writing from Hemingway and Stein.

As usual I was synchronistically led to seeing this film at this specific time in my life. And it inspired me to seek out advice from other authors about my situation. I just sent inquiries to authors I am connected with on Facebook and will share responses. My goal is to overcome this block or fear inside me about being a published author once and for all! And I intend to enjoy the process!

If you have a dream or desire that seems blocked remember this quote from author and spiritual entrepreneur John Assaraf. In his book The Answer, Assaraf says "Habits are thousands of times stronger than Desires." If this feels true in your case then the answer is to take a journey and face subconscious beliefs and habits holding you back. Find the courage to do this now! And remember you are not alone, you can always ask someone for help.

NEED A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER AT YOUR
ORGANIZATION, ASSOCIATION or EVENT?
SEE MY VIDEO SAMPLE of my LECTURES, KEYNOTES, SEMINARS: Click here

SPEAKER TOPICS:
1) How To Press Play When You're Stuck On Pause: Re-ignite Passion & Drive
2) Indestructible Optimism: Build a Leadership Mindset
3) Introduction to the Power of Social Media

SEE THE MOVIES MOTIVATE LIST A to Z!
Look up your favourite movies and the motivational tips
written for them: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Author | Speaker | Movie Blogger
Use The Magic of Movies to Motivate
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2011



No comments: