Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tip#405: Feel Like A Superhero – The New York Times – Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Despite all the intense challenges I've faced in the last 7 months I have been feeling like a superhero. Being featured in The New York Times recently with the title "Who Will Be Oprah’s Last Star?" launched my self-worth and self-confidence into the stratosphere!

And the 3 major newspaper coverage over the last 3 months has been magical, synchronistic and surreal. Each time I saw my name in print it sent a surge of positive emotional energy through me. And seeing the photos of myself looking bold in The Globe and Mail seemed to solidify my feeling of being a real-life superhero!

See scans of articles and photos:
1) The Toronto Star – Click here
2) The Globe and Mail – Click here
3) The New York Times - Click here

Just to let you know I did not contact these major newspapers. They contacted me. And if you've been following this movie blog you will know that life has been a financial kick in the ass (see more details: tip#400). But it is the media coverage that has helped increase my own superhero power of indestructible optimism. It is allowing me to finally admit one thing for the first time to the world…

I am homeless.

I am not "on the street" homeless but it's how I feel. And even though I have a short-term roof over my head, this is not my home. But I believe this will pass. It's what I told The New York Times. They believe in me too. That's why movie heroes like Chris Gardner in The Pursuit of Happyness keeps me optimistic. I KNOW I have a new home waiting for me somewhere. Feeling like a superhero gives me the confidence to just enjoy this phase of my life. In the end I want my story to inspire you.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World 2010

The movie Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a fantastic and visually stunning example of a movie hero who you wouldn't expect is a superhero. Filmed in my hometown of Toronto (as Toronto!) Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera) appears to be a typical, geeky nerd and yet has the power to attract women. One of these has 7 Evil Exes whom he must fight and defeat.

That's when the movie suddenly shifts and Scott reveals his superhero powers. The thing is he doesn’t change into any costume when fighting the Evil Exes, Scott is still dressed as himself. And despite his ability to throw super-powered punches he is still self-conscious of his scruffy hair!

Cinematic Role Models

Scott Pilgrim is my new hero and cinematic role model. He is a superhero and very human at the same time. Plus I grew up a geeky nerd so I know this movie is especially for nerds and geeks everywhere! And whenever I see this movie it makes me feel like a superhero.

Everyone goes through periods of having to battle life, career and financial challenges. What will save you every time is your attitude. Choose to feel like a superhero. Choose to tap into the self-worth and self-confidence already inside you.

Accept compliments and acknowledgements that come your way whether by email or person you are with. Get excited whenever you see your name or photo in print celebrating you in some way. These are all reminders from the world that you have great value.

You ARE a superhero! Can you feel it?

SEE NEW MOVIES MOTIVATE LIST A to Z!
Look up your favourite movies and the motivational tips
I've written for them: Click here

JOIN ME on FACEBOOK: Click here
JOIN ME on YOUTUBE: Click here
JOIN ME on TWITTER: Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero at Your Service!
Professional Speaker & Movie Blogger
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2010

6 comments:

Head Health Nut said...

I can feel it! Steph Miller to the rescue! :)

This has got to be one of your best posts, Emmanuel. Congrats on all your recent media coverage - it's so exciting to see the Law of Attraction in action!

Congratulations, too, on having the courage to share with us the full extent of your recent life challenges. It just goes to prove that you're walking your talk - you're LIVING your indestructible optimism. *cheers* to you, Emmanuel!

This movie looks like a big winner for me, too. It's now on my list of "must sees". :)

Sheri Zampelli AKA Gal VanIZed said...

Yes! I feel the super hero spirit. It is ALIVE! Way to go Emmanuel. Last night I watched "What the Bleep..." again and I saw it in a whole new light. I am sooo Gal Vanized :)

Sheri Zampelli AKA Gal VanIZed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emmanuel Lopez - Motivatorman said...

Thank you Head Health Nut! Glad you can feel your inner superhero! And I appreciate your congrats. It feels great to admit my situation more from a positive frame of mind rather then a negative. A HUGE distinction!

And thank you Sheri! Glad you are feeling your super hero spirit! And glad you watched What the Bleep again! Keep on Gal Vanizing!

Anonymous said...

Thx for this article and this is very relevant to me. While I am going thru one of my biggest life challenge, I have also been featured in chinese newspapers and TV for my charity works. You are right, at times we should be kind to ourselves and accept compliments and feel like superhero

Vivian T

John Papers said...

Thanks for the post!