Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tip#397: Articulate With Gusto – Chasing Amy

Articulate: to express thoughts, ideas, or feelings coherently
Gusto: great vigor or liveliness

When you truly know what you like and don't like you build confidence in articulating your needs to others. And when you are extremely articulate you can create vibrant conversations that will connect you deeply with like-minded people!

As I write this I am sipping on a hot, frothy vanilla bean latte from Second Cup (see tip#197). I love this beverage! I know it so keenly that I am happy to announce it to the world! I even post this passion on my Facebook wall regularly.

When I talk about what I love you can hear it in my voice and sense the positive energy in the words I write. And yet that confidence can only come from truly knowing yourself. Knowing yourself is the primary key to articulating your goals in order to achieve them. Consider these steps:

1) Know what you want and don't want
2) Know what you like and don't like
3) Learn how to articulate all this to others

Chasing Amy 1997

In the movie Chasing Amy all the characters know themselves. They know what they want and don't want and they know how to articulate their thoughts in witty, energetic ways. In the story two comic book artists Holden (Ben Affleck) and Banky (Jason Lee) have their world turned upside down when Holden falls in love with a lesbian named Alyssa (Joey Lauren Adams).

The story itself is just as electric as the dialogue. Each person is diamond sharp in expressing their opinions, needs and objections. This is a sign that they know themselves through and through. They know themselves so clearly that no topic is taboo. This makes for some hilarious and raunchy conversations! There is also a scene featuring one of the most heart-felt expressions of romantic love I've ever heard in a movie.

If you desire to achieve a goal or dream then the very first step is to know yourself inside and out. Know what you want and don't want. Stand firm on what you like and don't like. Your confidence in all your personal preferences will eventually shine whenever you express yourself.

And when you can articulate your goals with vibrant, electric gusto you'll be on your way to achieving your heart's desire!

See my audition video for
Toronto’s new Marilyn Denis Show:
Click here

Emmanuel Lopez-Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero at Your Service!
Motivational Speaker & Movie Blogger
See website: www.motivatorman.com

© Emmanuel Lopez 2010

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the power that jumps off of your Chasing Amy tip....It's infectious. When I first saw this movie..years ago I didn't have a clue who Ben Affleck was and only knew about Kevin Smith. The movie was gutsy and the scene where Ben tells her how he feels just bowled me over then..and still does every time I watch it.