Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Tip#35: Law of Attraction, Part 3 - When You Wish Upon A Star - Pinocchio



Songs can instantly transport you to memorable times in your life. It's amazing how distinct sights and sounds and other senses come alive from the memories music can trigger. I recently experienced this when I was channel surfing on TV and heard When You Wish Upon A Staron the Wonderful World of Disney show.

My heart swelled with happy memories of hearing this theme song. I was instantly taken back to simple childhood times watching the weekly show with my brother and sister. It was as if all my daily troubles melted away listening to the music.

Pinocchio (1940)

The song was first heard in 1940 in the classic Walt Disney movie, Pinocchioand has stood the test of time. The song won the Academy Award for Best Original Song and later the American Film Institute ranked it seventh in their list of the 100 Greatest Songs in Film History.

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (1977)

Steven Spielberg also loved this song so much he had it incorporated in his film, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.At the awesome climax of the movie you can hear the song woven into John Williams’s stirring musical score. The music made the experience alien contact more a magical experience rather then a frightening one like movies that came before Close Encounters.

After hearing the tune on TV, I was curious to read the lyrics so I went online and googled the song. I was amazed to read that it spoke about the law of attraction. The words were so simple and yet said so much. I was triggered on so many new levels as I remembered the movie, The Secretmentioning some of the greatest minds in history knowing the secret. I now believe that statement also applied to creative people like song writers who wrote songs like, When You Wish Upon A Star.

It excited me to know now that this timeless song and life message was with me all along growing up. The message was quietly placed into my heart and the hearts of everyone who had been touched by the song.

So read the lyrics and be inspired to dream your dreams. Believe that anything is possible again.


When You Wish Upon A Star
Writers: Leigh Harline & Ned Washington

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do

Fate is kind
She brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of
Their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true



Emmanuel Lopez
www.motivatorman.com
© Emmanuel Lopez 2007

2 comments:

Scott said...

We recently put together a new blog with this very title, and every time we hear it, we think about the law of attraction also! Every time I hear it, I keep meaning to google it, but I'm always in the car or away from a computer and I forget. So finally I remember to do so, and I found your blog entry! It's nice the one time I think to Google it and am able to do so, you had just posted it this morning! Crazy!!

Anonymous said...

I just watched the Disney Christmas special, and as I listened to the song it struck me as well:D The law of attraction seems to be everywhere, strange no one made a movie like the secret before.